Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Match centre on qrl website has him sin binned in the 79th minute though, how if he wasn't back?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Tui round 10.
Sua back in QCup this week.

I haven’t seen any news yet on X or NAS, but both sounded precautionary so hopefully ok for this week.

I’m gonna head down to the GC for this one.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any news on Jonah's injury.

Hoping it's not the serious end of serious.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Unfortunately, scans have confirmed Jonah has ruptured his ACL which will require surgery in the coming days,” Storm Director of Football, Frank Ponissi said.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:35 am Unfortunately, scans have confirmed Jonah has ruptured his ACL which will require surgery in the coming days,” Storm Director of Football, Frank Ponissi said.
lima lima lima duck it …very bad news for Jonah and the Storm 🫤🫤
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Horrible news. Russell-Smith got dropped back to Jersey Flegg, so obviously no where near it yet. Do we start to look at Paps playing in the halves if/when Munster and Hughes miss? I believe that's a stronger option than Wishart or Meaney playing in the halves.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I knew almost immediately it was bad …I hate this poor Jonah

Keagan got dropped cause bears have a good 6/7 already not cause he isn’t good enough though Kieran Hayman was injured the first 5 weeks

Keagan could step up for 1/2 game maybe have wishy on the bench to help out or the other way round Keagan at 14
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gutted that it was the worst possible thing. My faint hope soured once you saw it was his right knee he went to immediately when he was on the ground.

Wishart will no doubt be playing in the halves when Munster is in origin.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 am Horrible news. Russell-Smith got dropped back to Jersey Flegg, so obviously no where near it yet. Do we start to look at Paps playing in the halves if/when Munster and Hughes miss? I believe that's a stronger option than Wishart or Meaney playing in the halves.
I'd hate Pappy being smashed in the front line making tackles.

Wishart best option when needed imo with Sua playing the 14 role
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wishart does a good job in the halves. Gudgeon possibly an option too if he shows some form in nsw cup
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know if it's an option, but if it is I guess we could always sign a Ryley Jacks type as origin cover too
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Nick Meaney to 6, Will to centre, Sua to the wing.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Having scored a first half hattrick, Xavier Coates joined the Club’s casualty ward after being taken off prior to halftime after feeling a strain in his hamstring. 

“Xav just got a a strain to his hamstring, it was a precaution on the weekend that he came off and he got really close for this week but we decided just to rest him this week and hopefully he'll be back for the following week against the Sharks.” 

Young half Jonah Pezet unfortunately suffered an ACL injury while playing for the Brisbane Tigers in the HostPlus Cup on the weekend, ruling the young playmaker out for the season. 

"Jonah’s undergone surgery this afternoon for a ruptured ACL, terrible news for Jonah as he's been in such great form this year and he’s already played a handful of NRL games and he was no doubt going to play a lot more this year especially during Origin. 

“He would have been really valuable for us but he'll have his operation this afternoon and start his rehab in the next few weeks and be ready to come back for next season.” 

Tui Kamikamica came close to making his return from a calf injury on the weekend, the Club opting to bring the towering Fijian back for the Club’s next home game against the Sharks. 

“He got awfully close this week to playing but he just hasn't done enough training so given the calf injury and the mechanics of the calf we decided that another full week of training and he should definitely be back for the Sharks game.” 

Tepai Moeroa and Chris Lewis both picked up injuries a fortnight ago, with both forwards undergoing rehab to try and return to the field. 

"It's a bit of an unknown with Tepai and his back so he's just got to rest and recover from it so we'll see how it goes and hopefully he’ll be back sooner rather than later." 

"Chris Lewis hurt his knee a couple of weeks ago which has kept him out for the last fortnight but he's coming along really well so he's a chance of playing for the Falcons this week and if not next week."
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And somehow Aaron Pene is missed …hmmm
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy listed out injured

Shawn Blore
Paps ankle
Sua knee
Hughes calf