Round 7 vs Sydney Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:42 pm Paps only went 5-6m a run tonight. Such a key component for us with and without the ball but we’ve gotta figure out a way for him to do more with less and get him some open space. He’s simply not a threat on kick returns atm and the dummy half runs for 2m don’t really do anything.
We just struggle to get some bang up the middle with the forwards. Paps was always so good at darting into the little gaps created from a strong carry or a quality offload.
But it’s hard to watch Paps at the moment, he is playing within himself as well which doesn’t help.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good seeing Brandon smith in the rooms after chatting to all the boys

Also Bryan Norrie
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez Robinson is sore loser....highlights NAS pushing Eli for about 1 nano second....and says it shouldn't have been a try and then moans about Reimis begin a disruptor on Xav's try...and also say no try. But doesn't mention the poor referring that failed to pick up Jennings losing the ball before Manu scored and doesn't say anything about Teddy the Tripper not being sin binned for a really low grubby act of trying to trip Pappy (especially as that sort of trip can easily break a guys leg...and with Pappy's long history of injuries anything could happen).
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 pm Dumb challenge
Stupidest challenge I have ever seen. Particularly in the first 3 minutes, if it was in the last 3 minutes, you would.go oh well.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 pm Roosters knock on, get the ball. It’s one of those nights. I call them Klein nights.
Those types of calls make it even more important to keep your challenge and not throw it away on some hopeful fairytale ending.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With the press conferences do the coaches choose which members of the press they have in the knowledge that they will ask "friendly" questions? I thought the media wanted sensationalism, their were a few more juicy questions that could've been asked,
ie.
"So James, what did you think about the tripping penalty and do you think you were lucky not to go to the bin or even be sent off?"
"Trent, what did you think of the missed knock on call against Jennings before Manu's try?"
"Do you think you were lucky when Paps had a 3 man overlap outside and instead attempted the inboard pass?"

I would love to hear their responses
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Roosters fans are actually complaining about Klein like they got dudded by him, must have been watching a different game to me ::)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 pm Radleys No Try, would it have been knocked back for the obstruction on Katoea?
Also, anyone else think there was another forward in that play?
Cannot believe the commentators did not mention what I thought was a blatant obstruction.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No game this year is going to be a gimme based off these results.

But geez… You’d think with the Rabbitohs, Titans, Sharks and Eels in the next four weeks the guys could go 8-1 or at worst 6-3. Pretty outstanding considering the strength of opposition to open the season.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am With the press conferences do the coaches choose which members of the press they have in the knowledge that they will ask "friendly" questions? I thought the media wanted sensationalism, their were a few more juicy questions that could've been asked,
ie.
"So James, what did you think about the tripping penalty and do you think you were lucky not to go to the bin or even be sent off?"
"Trent, what did you think of the missed knock on call against Jennings before Manu's try?"
"Do you think you were lucky when Paps had a 3 man overlap outside and instead attempted the inboard pass?"

I would love to hear their responses
Spot on. I always think the same thing.

How average are the journalists if they can’t ask glaringly obvious questions. There seems to be a desperation to be liked by the coaches so they can keep getting scoops, instead of doing their jobs.

How the f*ck do you not as Trent about the knock on before the try or the dangerous trip!??
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not many good journalists at all in any forums anymore. A lot of media are just Murdoch mouthpieces and there isn't a lot of critical thinking not just in sports journalism but all forms of journalism.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No Storm players charged last night.

JWH can accept an $1,800 fine for late hit on Christian Welch.

Tedesco can accept $750 fine for trip on Pappy. Tedesco is a bit lucky I think.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tedesco way too lucky, especially since uncle Nick will pay it for him anyway 🙄
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crazy Tedesco got off so lightly. He has two teammates that would've been binned and given weeks for that trip.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papi should demand a please explain from the NRL