Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:51 pm There remains nothing new or concrete about the rumours. All speculation with no actual facts behind it.
100% blazza. Just continued speculation from media that would love to see Storm suffer in any and every way. We can’t ever forget these guys are human…they feel personal sadness, anger, disappointment, loss … and players are bound to have slip ups from time to time. I’m sure that Matt Tripp and the entire Club are actually wrapping their arms around NAS rather than showing him the door.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:50 pm No! Stay away from that whole family please!!!
mattpoet.....Taylan May has just re-signed with Penrith for 2 years.

You can sleep stress free now... (well at least for 2 more years :lol: :lol: )
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The only reason a team should sign him is because he can never serve a suspension apparently
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

More NSW Media Talk

The Dragons could be enticed to let Lomax go immediately should a rival club propose a player swap. They wouldn’t hesitate if the Eels would be prepared to part with emerging young gun Blaize Talagi but that would be at long odds from occurring.
St George Illawarra are also aware of growing unrest regarding Nelson Asofa-Solomona at the Storm.

This is only a litlle bit of the story and the only time Storm was mentioned. I can post the story if anyone wants.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm More NSW Media Talk

The Dragons could be enticed to let Lomax go immediately should a rival club propose a player swap. They wouldn’t hesitate if the Eels would be prepared to part with emerging young gun Blaize Talagi but that would be at long odds from occurring.
St George Illawarra are also aware of growing unrest regarding Nelson Asofa-Solomona at the Storm.

This is only a litlle bit of the story and the only time Storm was mentioned. I can post the story if anyone wants.
Thanks glennb but no need to post anything more about something that AIN’T EVER GOING TO HAPPEN 🤣🤣🤣. NAS will be back in FG soon and will finish his career with Storm. NAS knows that Storm is the Club where he’ll play his best football.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Daily Telegraph Tonight
Melbourne Storm not letting Nelson Asofa Solomona go as Cam Munster returns
With one superstar set to return against the Broncos, another is labouring in the Queensland Cup with talk he’s on the outer with Storm coach Craig Bellamy.
Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy says he’s not expecting “miracles” as star playmaker Cameron Munster looms as an inclusion for Thursday’s blockbuster against the Broncos as he declared out-of-favour forward Nelson Asofa Solomona “has a contract” and isn’t going anywhere.
Munster is set to play his first game of the season having battled a baffling groin injury that Storm’s medical staff have struggled to get on top of and one that frustrated both the player and his coach.
The star five-eighth missed all of Melbourne’s pre-season trials as well but is likely to tackle Brisbane at AAMI Park, although how much game time he plays remains to be seen.
“There’s a pretty good chance that he might line up,” Bellamy said on Wednesday, with how Munster pulls up from the final training session set to determine whether he plays.
“As I’ve said before, the injury’s been fine or seems to be fine, then all of a sudden it flares up again. He’s had a couple of the sessions this week that he’s gone pretty well in, so hopefully he pulls up OK tomorrow after today’s session and then we’ll just we’ll just go from there.
Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy says he’s not expecting “miracles” as star playmaker Cameron Munster looms as an inclusion for Thursday’s blockbuster against the Broncos as he declared out-of-favour forward Nelson Asofa Solomona “has a contract” and isn’t going anywhere.
Munster is set to play his first game of the season having battled a baffling groin injury that Storm’s medical staff have struggled to get on top of and one that frustrated both the player and his coach.
The star five-eighth missed all of Melbourne’s pre-season trials as well but is likely to tackle Brisbane at AAMI Park, although how much game time he plays remains to be seen.
“There’s a pretty good chance that he might line up,” Bellamy said on Wednesday, with how Munster pulls up from the final training session set to determine whether he plays.
“As I’ve said before, the injury’s been fine or seems to be fine, then all of a sudden it flares up again. He’s had a couple of the sessions this week that he’s gone pretty well in, so hopefully he pulls up OK tomorrow after today’s session and then we’ll just we’ll just go from there.
“Cameron’s obviously a really experienced player too so we probably missed a little bit of that and we all know what he can do when he’s playing his best.
“We’re not going to expect miracles from him. He’s missed a lot of time training and he’s missed the trials and first four games of the season, so he’ll take him a little bit of getting back into it, I’d imagine.”
Bellamy said Munster’s young replacement, Jonah Pezet, had done a “good job for us” and he’d have no hesitation going to him again should he be needed.
While Munster is set for a return, Asofa-Solomona remains on the outer, making his way back to full fitness through the Queensland Cup after a series of hamstring injuries during the pre-season.
Amid reports Bellamy was upset with how heavy the 120kg forward was on his return to training, the coach dismissed suggestions Asofa-Solomona could be available to other clubs, labelling him a “real asset” when he’s up and going.
“That sort of private conversation is between me,” Bellamy said responding to a question about whether Asofa-Solomona was told to trim down.
“He’s an important part of our club. We just need him playing well. He’s had some real hamstring problems and he hasn’t done a lot of work in the pre-season, so that’s a little bit of the problem as well.
“We’re not gonna put him in until he’s ready. He’ll be a real asset to us if we can get him back in and when he gets that time under his belt training and some games. But like I say, he’s just short of that at the moment.
“I don’t know how long it’s going to take. He’s training full-on now, so that’s a good sign and hopefully won’t take him too long.”
Bellamy dismissed the speculation over a potential move for Asofa-Solomona, who is contracted until the end of 2027, amid reported interest from the Dragons.
“At the end of the day, he’s got a contract. I don’t think that needs an answer, to be quite honest,” he said.
“It’s frustrating for all of us, you know. We know how much he adds to the team when he’s playing his best. Like I say, it’s just that situation where he missed a lot of our pre-season with a hamstring injury, and, I think it reoccurred a couple of times.
“Big guys like him, they need to train and they need to be playing.
“But when we think he’s had enough time training and enough games in Queensland Cup, he’s going to be a real asset for us.”
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just one thing from this …Craig Darling the boys aren’t playing Qcup anymore they are playing NSW cup which SUCKs ARSE
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Daily Telegraph website:
NAS NOT FOR SALE
Melbourne Storm chairman Matt Tripp has declared game-breaking forward Nelson Asofa-Solomona is not for sale under any circumstances.
The future of the giant Kiwi forward has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks with him being overlooked for selection in the opening rounds.
Tripp had a long conversation with Asofa-Solomona in the sheds after Storm’s victory over the Brisbane Broncos at AAMI Park on Thursday night.
“It was a really good chat,” Tripp said.
“There’s been nothing from our end about him leaving.
“He’s not for sale, absolutely not.
“I said to him we’re competitive when he’s not in the side but we’re a genuine premiership threat when he’s fit and firing.”
The giant forward is now one of the highest paid forwards in the competition on $900,000-a-season, having knocked back the Wallabies last year to re-sign at Storm.
Tripp is hopeful Asofa-Solomona will be available for selection next weekend against the Bulldogs.
“He had a niggling hamstring all summer which held him back,” Tripp said.
“He’s a big bloke who needs miles in his legs. That’s why we’ve been playing him at Norths to get his match fitness right.”

Now he is not going anyway according to the Syndey media. Why let the truth stop a good story
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kinda sad it’s taken so long for someone at the club to actually say something ..I know bellza said it too but coming from Matt who is basically NASs mentor it means more
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS on that kinda money is wild btw.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

As much as I love him we are not getting 900k worth of performance from NAS.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He came out of contract at a good time for him and a bad time for us. 2x Bromwich, felise and Smith had just gone and Welch was injured. Plus there wasn't much in the way of quality props available. NAS's potential is $900k but we've yet to receive that from him yet.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2024 ... 418049bbe8
Michael Chammas wrote:If Demetriou and the Bunnies were to part ways, two choices for his replacement could include Bennett and Craig Bellamy — both experienced coaches who are not locked in for next season.

The club feels they need an experienced coach given that they are struggling at the moment under Jason Demetriou
Usual NRL clickbait story. All speculation, no substance.

But, I do enjoy the idea of Souths targeting Bellamy after years and years of, “The Storm’s wrestling is a blight on the game. They should be ashamed. They are trying to hurt players intentionally”. :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any club that has employed 4 Burgess brothers for that exact purpose plus had Wayne Bennett coaching his usual tactics should just keep their head down and try to avoid attention when that subject comes up
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome news. Nick Meaney re-signs with Storm until the end of 2026.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... o6oD-Wd4Bw