Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This might be the reason we have had so many bloody injury’s the last year …Goshes is DUCKED https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... CUZ05M4-Q0
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Paps posted a photo of his first run on sand

So he is slowly progressing
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:35 am This might be the reason we have had so many bloody injury’s the last year …Goshes is DUCKED https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... CUZ05M4-Q0
Plenty of private schools relatively close by that have pitches that far exceed gosh's. The trouble with playing surfaces vs training paddocks is that most stadium are adopting a combo of synthetic grass and real grass sewn in the knit of the synthetic stuff. Training will always be rubbish. Further to this, gosh's is open to the public and gets alot of traffic
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm started training on the far right field today (for the next 3 weeks) sharing with the Demons
Rebels are training on victory’s field

Article says MOPT have been given 3 weeks to get goshes right if not rebels and Storm will find somewhere else to train
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:17 pm Storm started training on the far right field today (for the next 3 weeks) sharing with the Demons
Rebels are training on victory’s field

Article says MOPT have been given 3 weeks to get goshes right if not rebels and Storm will find somewhere else to train
All the insinuation about the fields causing the injuries I'd be really interested to know what actual part they have played.

For me, soft tissue injuries are a warm up / stretching issue, especially at training. Ie. is enough time spent on the preventative stuff? Long gone are the days of turning up and getting out there and in to it.
Have the conditioning people changed? (I am not suggesting for a moment no-one is being anything less than fully professional in their approach to this)

Of course, your foot gets stuck in some soft ground and the ankle turns or the knee twists that is the venue, run in to someone and "do your shoulder", that's just dumb luck.

It always amazes me how fully professional athletes can get three quarters of the way through a game and go down like they've been shot with the hamstring exploding. (More AFL than League but still happens)

Just a few thoughts from someone who has HAD to think about this at length.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can confirm today Jonah Pezet completely got smashed in a very very late tackle and DUCKED his shoulder …54th minute tigers v devils can watch on Kayo the replay

He was down hurt for a minute got up and walked to the sideline swearing …didn’t see him till after the game

He was high as a kite sucking on a green whistle arm in a sling …

Spoke to a few of the players who said he dislocated it possible break one of the boys said he heap a pop …I also spoke to the coach as well he said it was definitely a dislocation he didn’t think it was broken but wasn’t sure till he got scanned back in Melbourne

Talked to Jordan Grant who said Jonah was pissed off and wasn’t happy ..he came out saw his Nan (I think it was his nan) said good bye to her saw me and said Hi and walked back inside

Also Frank Ponessi was there and saw the tackle too..he didn’t seem to want to talk to me either looked pretty annoyed tbh

Kane Bradley also got hit high and was a cat 1 so that’s 11 days
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pezets injury fear is horrible at the best of times, coming into origin window it's even worse
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder if there'd be any temptation to try to sign Jacks or Laybutt on a short term deal as cover now?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe that’s why Frank was at the tigers …although that would be a crazy coincidence Jonah getting injured the same day he is possibly watching Ryley
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes, timing of Pezet injury really hurts.
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Any word on Howarth's injury?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Any news about NAS’s rib injury, as to whether he will be ok to aim up against Jesse , Kenny and Felise ?
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I find myself thinking more and more about Paps lately.

Gee I hope he gets healthy and gets a good run at it.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jayden Nikorema did his hammy playing for the falcons

Just what we need right now
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:47 am I find myself thinking more and more about Paps lately.

Gee I hope he gets healthy and gets a good run at it.

He's great, but,
He's not the Messiah. (Cue the Monty Python smirks)

Bigger problems than fullback