Rep Round

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:40 pm
Scooter wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:38 pm Queensland just got Kleined.
Yep - he again targets a Storm player, albeit one in a Maroons jersey.
Consistency in Rugba League, it's all we want! :lol:
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bit rough on Queensland some calls, but they just completely folded once they went a couple tries down
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

QLD actually handled themselves alright in the stretch of random calls and being a man down. They couldn't turn the tide though and everything got a bit too much. Felt like the entire second half was played inside their 40 metre line.

Klein is such a bad ref (for both teams). Always feels like he has to make the game about him and his calls always feel random. The 6 again on the leadup to NSW's first try is an example of that. Paulo was still walking for metres after he called held, most of the time you have the ref stop play and have him go back and play the ball. Not Klein though as he gives a 6 again and carries NSW up the field.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:13 pm QLD actually handled themselves alright in the stretch of random calls and being a man down. They couldn't turn the tide though and everything got a bit too much. Felt like the entire second half was played inside their 40 metre line.

Klein is such a bad ref (for both teams). Always feels like he has to make the game about him and his calls always feel random. The 6 again on the leadup to NSW's first try is an example of that. Paulo was still walking for metres after he called held, most of the time you have the ref stop play and have him go back and play the ball. Not Klein though as he gives a 6 again and carries NSW up the field.
What about when NSW took the advantage and shifted the ball 30 + metres across the field, dropped it and then the ball was brought back. Even Matthew Elliott, a staunch Queenslander disagreed with it. As far as the Kafusi bin and continual ruck infringements are concerned, if Elliott says it was justified then I'll go with it.

I don't disagree about the sentiments displayed towards Asre Klown (Klein), he's becoming worse than Hollywood Harrigan
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought Bill Harrigan was great!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pole wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:40 pm I thought Bill Harrigan was great!
I agree. He had the guts to award the penalty try in the 99 grand final.

Compare that with Paul Simpkins who should have won the Churchill Medal for his efforts for the Broncos in the 06 GF, and Sean Hampstead who was always happy to hammer us on the penalty count.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:16 pm
Pole wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:40 pm I thought Bill Harrigan was great!
I agree. He had the guts to award the penalty try in the 99 grand final.

Compare that with Paul Simpkins who should have won the Churchill Medal for his efforts for the Broncos in the 06 GF, and Sean Hampstead who was always happy to hammer us on the penalty count.
2006 there was a video referee who had a big hand in both disallowing a try for the Storm and allowing a try for the Bronco's where both the Channel 9 and ABC commentators disagreed with the decisions, wanna guess who it was?
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Had to dig deep find that but 2006 was Chris Ward and Harrigan (lima lima lima duck!)

1999 it was Chris Ward only
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I did not mind Hampstead, I used to shudder when ever Simpkins or Steve Clark were appointed our referee.

Now I shudder whenever Klein is appointed to Storm games.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shane Hayne was another who went well out of his way to try to screw us. Also Luke Patten in the video box (notably against the dogs...)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet I almost included Shayne Hayne. Although, didn't think he was as bad as Simpkins or Clark.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:23 pm Shane Hayne was another who went well out of his way to try to screw us. Also Luke Patten in the video box (notably against the dogs...)
I forgot about Shane Hayne. He had an air of arrogance about him that I never liked.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think we can all agree the best ref out there is the Polish Hyphen: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski.... he needs more opportunities!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Scooter wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:04 pm I did not mind Hampstead, I used to shudder when ever Simpkins or Steve Clark were appointed our referee.

Now I shudder whenever Klein is appointed to Storm games.
Hampstead and Mander were among the best. Harrigan was authoritarian but reasonably balanced I thought.
And if you are a QLD fan, the Grasshopper was the greatest of them all.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Assuming that only Grant and Muster are selected for Origin 3, is this our lowest ever amount of Origin reps? Maybe early days just Lazarus, there were times where Kearns and Howe weren't selected.