Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fev fan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:10 pm Hi all, apologies for the incursion. My team Featherstone Rovers who play in the Championship which is the 2nd tier behind Super League in the UK have just announced the signing of Ryley Jacks.

Having had a quick search through the forum I can see that he's probably not seen as first-grade NRL material but I wondered what his strengths and weaknesses are and how you think he'll go for a top-end Championship team?

There will be some names amongst his new team mates who will probably be familiar to many including Joey Leilua who arrived yesterday, Jesse Sene-Lafao, Junior Moors, Adam Cuthbertson, Brett Ferres, Craig Hall, Dane Chisholm and others, Featherstone are making a big push to earn promotion to Super League.
Good player. I think he is NRL standard, or pretty close to it. Useful as a second string for us, he certainly wasn't the worst halfback in the comp - he's just not that real match winner at this level. I reckon he will go well at Fev - I actually wouldn't mind if Robins (my team) had picked him up.

I've always had a soft spot for Fev; wishing you well this season.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

For those concerned with Kenny Bromwich possibly leaving, there is a 'Kenny-like clone' coming through the Storm juniors system. Just have some patience.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:57 pm For those concerned with Kenny Bromwich possibly leaving, there is a 'Kenny-like clone' coming through the Storm juniors system. Just have some patience.
Name…I’ll watch out for him
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:57 pm For those concerned with Kenny Bromwich possibly leaving, there is a 'Kenny-like clone' coming through the Storm juniors system. Just have some patience.
Now that is some great news .... ;D ;D
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Fev fan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Fev fan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:10 pm Hi all, apologies for the incursion. My team Featherstone Rovers who play in the Championship which is the 2nd tier behind Super League in the UK have just announced the signing of Ryley Jacks.

Having had a quick search through the forum I can see that he's probably not seen as first-grade NRL material but I wondered what his strengths and weaknesses are and how you think he'll go for a top-end Championship team?
Many thanks to those who replied to this, sounds like he should be a good signing at this level.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Wonder if we go back in for Jordi McLean on a bargain basement deal?
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Lucas wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:14 am Wonder if we go back in for Jordi McLean on a bargain basement deal?
His knees gotta be shot right?
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'd suggest a pass on Jordi Mc as 1. he shifted North to be close to family and 2. His last year stats were not the best with the knee issue ongoing. If you have a look at the article and also take into account we're no doubt still paying Nas and Tui, it would have to be a very basic wage, if it was to be considered.

https://www.zerotackle.com/former-kanga ... al-113364/
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Kbro gone
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Concerned we are losing players - yes
Concerned we are losing Kenny specifically - no, not really. As I said earlier, he is only as good as the men outside him. Olam and JAC with Munster inside have definitely inflate his performances.

2023 will be an entirely new pack by the sounds of it. Exciting stuff. Change brings opportunity and I hope some of our younger guys, or opposition club players can fill these spots and succeed.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very intrigued by who our forward targets will be for 2023. So much experienced lost the last couple of years.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:50 am Very intrigued by who our forward targets will be for 2023. So much experienced lost the last couple of years.
The only notable forwards I've see off contract are over 30 too so I'm not sure who the club could potentially target.

The Sea Eagles, Warriors, Sharks and Knights have a few coming off contract. Could maybe look at nabbing someone like Briton Nikora or Sauso Sue.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I read somewhere Jesse was on 550k a season Kenny 450k that’s a million dollars to spend …obv some of that went to Christian and Jack but there would be far bit of money ready to spend on someone
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:10 pm I read somewhere Jesse was on 550k a season Kenny 450k that’s a million dollars to spend …obv some of that went to Christian and Jack but there would be far bit of money ready to spend on someone
We're still spending the Dale, Felise and Brandon money too.