Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:26 pm Apparently it was family reasons so can’t get angry at him or the club for that

Also I don’t think I’ve seen any photos of him at training the last few weeks so I don’t think he even made it back to Melbourne
It's hard to be in another State if you're not getting first grade games.

That's just my thoughts on the matter.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormhunter wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:03 pm So Brandon's 'apology' basically says he stands by everything he said but he's sorry if we don't like it. And he's a victim.
I'm glad the club said it 'acknowledges' the apology, not 'accepts'.
I don’t think you can count what he wrote as an apology.

It was as you said, “sorry if you took it that way” - amongst a whole lot of “I am who I am and won’t ever change”.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Two things occurred to me over the whole B.S. thing was 1. After telling the club that they would have a chance to match whatever offers that he received that he chose to renege on that promise and 2. Judging from what has been said and written about the event, it seems to me all of the clubs could have saved money and time by just dangling something shiny or a set of keys in of him
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Brandon has carried on like a spoiled brat throughout the process.
His ego is out of line for a bloke who failed Elsewhere and really only got close to his best under the guidance of Bellamy and the storm.

I don't really like wishing Ill on departing players, but I kinda hope he gets a reality check and is forced to eat a little humble pie post Melbourne storm.

I hope the club holds their nerve and makes sure he doesn't get an early release, the way he's conducted himself, I feel like he's burned up any goodwill the club may have afforded him.

Disappointed way more by his attitude than the fact that he's decided his future lies elsewhere.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lumelume supposed to have signed with Canterbury
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Why was he released again? Personal reasons? Wanted to be in Sydney?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bartos wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:50 pm Why was he released again? Personal reasons? Wanted to be in Sydney?
Something to do with his wife I heard
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:24 pm Hasn’t been a good couple of months for our club 😔
Yup. NAS, Munster, Smith and Tui - very disappointing. Makes me question if the club culture is as strong as it used to be with this current leadership group. I just feel more appreciation for what Cam contributed to the club.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Current Storm list from Storm website

1 Ryan Papenhuyzen (1)
2 Nick Meaney
3 Xavier Coates (2)
4 George Jennings (3)
5 Dean Ieremia
6 Will Warbrick
7 Justin Olam (4)
8 Reimis Smith (5)
9 Jack Howarth
10 Jahrome Hughes (6)
11 Cameron Munster (7)
12 Cooper Johns,
13 Jonah Pezet
14 Harry Grant (8)
15 Brandon Smith (9)
16 Jayden Nikorima
17 Kenny Bromwich (10)
18 Felise Kaufusi, (11)
19 Tom Eisenhuth (12)
20 Chris Lewis
21 Trent Loiero
22 Jesse Bromwich (13)
23 Christian Welch (14)
24 Nelson Asofa-Solomona
25 Tui Kamikamica,
26 Josh King
27 Jordan Grant
28 Tepai Moeroa
29 Tyran Wishart

Development list

Bronson Garlick
Cole Geyer
Marion Seve
Dr Thunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Brandon says it was his own words however he seemed like a roosters puppet with his strings being controlled by mark bouris , nick politis and the yktr has beens . It seems he was looking for an early release from the storm . He should not get it . Why would we make our enemies stronger ? Or if he wants it we want a like for like exchange and the only ones I would take are victor radley or angus crighton . Brandon seems like he is lacking integrity and did not look like he had his wits about him in the podcast . Maybe he was coming off another bender? The people he was hanging with seem loose and maybe he sees an opportunity to be looser. In any case the storm we love is build on discipline respect hard work and integrity . His apology was not sincere . I call BS .
Bartos
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:39 am Current Storm list from Storm website

1 Ryan Papenhuyzen (1)
2 Nick Meaney
3 Xavier Coates (2)
4 George Jennings (3)
5 Dean Ieremia
6 Will Warbrick
7 Justin Olam (4)
8 Reimis Smith (5)
9 Jack Howarth
10 Jahrome Hughes (6)
11 Cameron Munster (7)
12 Cooper Johns,
13 Jonah Pezet
14 Harry Grant (8)
15 Brandon Smith (9)
16 Jayden Nikorima
17 Kenny Bromwich (10)
18 Felise Kaufusi, (11)
19 Tom Eisenhuth (12)
20 Chris Lewis
21 Trent Loiero
22 Jesse Bromwich (13)
23 Christian Welch (14)
24 Nelson Asofa-Solomona
25 Tui Kamikamica,
26 Josh King
27 Jordan Grant
28 Tepai Moeroa
29 Tyran Wishart

Development list

Bronson Garlick
Cole Geyer
Marion Seve
What do those brackets mean sallymay? Your guaranteed starters?
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Starting to sound like the clubs looking at an anywhere but here or the roosters approach for Brandon for 2022. Allegedly the club tried to organize a swap deal with wests tigers which was scuttled due to the tigers being annoyed at Brandon snubbing their approach.

I'm seriously disappointed in how he's handled himself and the whole situation.
And by the sound of it, so is the club.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So what do we do with the problem child. Play him, trade him for whatever we can get, send him to spend the year in the Q cup, remind him who Aidan Guerra was or do the Altona Wolves receive a top quality hooker?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:32 am So what do we do with the problem child. Play him, trade him for whatever we can get, send him to spend the year in the Q cup, remind him who Aidan Guerra was or do the Altona Wolves receive a top quality hooker?
Altona wolves…think you mean my club North West Wolves haha we already have a good hooker but could use a spare brandon can sit on the bench like he does at the storm…it’s what he deserves 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Utha
Squall
Squall

If Brandon wants to play with the Roosters, he can play with the Altona Roosters in ‘22 first. :p