RD 24 Storm vs Parramatta

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sounds like Bellamy was pretty deflated in his presser. Has some crucial decisions coming up me thinks.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Im not sure Bellamy actually knows what to do?!?!?

We saw what he wants to do last night and it just didn't work!!!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The defence was terrible but the offence was even worse. The second half of that game was the worst we have played on offence for years and years. We are so far away from our game plan, it is not funny.

When do we go sideways all the time? The Bellamy style is to keep hitting up the forwards and to get repeat sets to keep the pressure on. Munster, Olam, Hynes, Papenhazeun are all trying to score tries off every play. And by the last tackle of each set we are totally disorganised and not thinking of repeat sets but still trying to score and instead of kicking; we keep trying to score and the guy on the ground is caught and trying to pass the ball. And it looks like they are under 9 players not trained professionals.

When did we last score on a high kick (it was Dean v Penrith) and we score so few that I can almost count them on one hand.

How about we use the forwards a bit more and instead of trying to go around other teams, we go through them?!?! That is the Bellamy way. And he almost has to reteach the team how to play HIS WAY!
Last edited by six rings on Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Penrith are now outright favourites with the bookies, whereas Storm were hot favourites 2 weeks ago
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Premiers wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:15 am Penrith are now outright favourites with the bookies, whereas Storm were hot favourites 2 weeks ago
The bookies are a reflection of degenerate gamblers pissing away their money so take it with a grain of salt
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think you will find that the bookies are ahead of the game. They are fixing markets in real time based on what they see to maximise the amount of money they make. And you will also find the bookies win most of the time.

This is not the gambler fixing the market, it is the bookie who bases his information on maximising profits. The actuaries that work for bookies are some of the smartest people in the world.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

I think it’s fixable and not as bad as some have made out.

More direct with some big guys back and a more measured game plan. Grant on after 20-25 and Munster / Hughes running the show.

Will need a few rockets to people who went off track last night

But we should come good when it matters
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is anyone else glad to hear the end of that record?

On another note: I hope the selections for the next few weeks change. If anything, the team's been trying to beat others with guile. Need more brawn.

I'm hoping what we see to rectify this is Smith starting (Grant on the bench) and a big man playing lock with three forwards (maybe four) on the bench who can all cover the front-row. This has been sorely missing for a couple of weeks I feel. Can't get get Finucane and Asofa-Solomona back soon enough really. Pene will be good cover come finals time.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

No I’m shattered we missed out on holding that record outright. What a chance we blew.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hynes and Paps on the field at the same time just does work

They both try and be the play maker and they get in each others way and the ball doesn't get to Jerohme Hughes who should have the ball and is the play maker and we end up going sideways all the time

Assuming Harry Grant comes off the bench in the finals, Bellamy has to make a choice between the two (Hynes and Paps) and stick. And atm, I would pick Hynes over Paps who is way off the pace.

If Hynes and Paps play in the finals together, we will be known as the Sideways Storm.

At one stage we had Harry Grant, Brandon Smith, Munster, Hynes. Paps and Hughes on the field together. And also Justin Olam who was trying to play as a ball distributor rather than a ball carrier (his real role).

Firstly we were short on big forwards on the pitch if we play them all at once and hence we couldn't go through the middle of Parammatta

Secondly they all want to be the play maker and get in each others way as we go sideways and not forward

Belly Ache needs to start making some hard decisions.
Last edited by six rings on Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

I feel like we did need a loss and this was coming.

I think Bellamy has no choice now with only one week to go till finals but to go back to how the team was during the middle of the year, Hynes to fullback b Smith to start the game for the first 30 minutes then bring grants energy on to terrorise the tired middle of the opposition it’s worked so well.

Where does this leave paps though, his confidence will be destroyed being dropped now from his starting position. I can’t see him getting any game time in the finals if he isn’t starting, we need the go forward more then anything to allow the hookers and halves to play at their best.

Selection headache for Bellamy.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

six rings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:00 am Im not sure Bellamy actually knows what to do?!?!?

Yep, Craig's out of ideas, couldn't possibly make any improvements to the squad or the way the team plays.... Pack it up ladies and gentlemen.... It's over, 1 loss in 20 and the storm is cooked.

:lol:
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Premiers wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:15 am Penrith are now outright favourites with the bookies, whereas Storm were hot favourites 2 weeks ago
Oh my! Well I guess the boys better pack their bags and head home based on that useless revelation.... :lol:
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:29 am
six rings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:00 am Im not sure Bellamy actually knows what to do?!?!?

Yep, Craig's out of ideas, couldn't possibly make any improvements to the squad or the way the team plays.... Pack it up ladies and gentlemen.... It's over, 1 loss in 20 and the storm is cooked.

:lol:
No, Craig showed his hand last night and it didn't work.

He can go back to the game plan that did work for sure.

but that means Paps sits
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:20 am Hynes and Paps on the field at the same time just does work

They both try and be the play maker and they get in each others way and the ball doesn't get to Jerohme Hughes who should have the ball and is the play maker and we end up going sideways all the time

Assuming Harry Grant comes off the bench in the finals, Bellamy has to make a choice between the two (Hynes and Paps) and stick. And atm, I would pick Hynes over Paps who is way off the pace.

If Hynes and Paps play in the finals together, we will be known as the Sideways Storm.

At one stage we had Harry Grant, Brandon Smith, Munster, Hynes. Paps and Hughes on the field together. And also Justin Olam who was trying to play as a ball distributor rather than a ball carrier (his real role).

Firstly we were short on big forwards on the pitch if we play them all at once and hence we couldn't go through the middle of Parammatta

Secondly they all want to be the play maker and get in each others way as we go sideways and not forward

Belly Ache needs to start making some hard decisions.
I hate myself for bothering here but gee whiz you are a dribbler.