Round 8 - Sharks vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:14 pm We Joe Stimson won’t play after getting charged by the QRL judiciary
What for? Possible suspension length?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dangerous Contact I think. 2 - 3 weeks.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Joey got off yeahhh..hope he gets picked to play
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Sharks $2.90 - $3. What a bargain. We struggle like hell at the best of times up there and on current form we are awful
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bartos wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:39 am Sharks $2.90 - $3. What a bargain. We struggle like hell at the best of times up there and on current form we are awful
Probably due to all the injuries the Sharks have at the moment. We really should do a job on them but I agree that we seem to struggle up there to win when the odds are in our favour.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The bookies keep expecting us to suddenly hit our straps and blow someone away. I think they are being far too generous.

Last week we proved once again that we take teams lightly when they are depleted and we are expected to win well. It happens every time. Once again the opposition injuries are virtually all in the backs. That won't help us find some dominance in the ruck and we will have to earn that.

Even if we did have a strong advantage in the backline, it won't do us any good if we play as disjointed as last week with passes hitting the deck every other set.

I hope I am just being too pessimistic, but it feel like a few years ago (can't remember which year exactly) where we won very ugly for a period of time despite not winning the ruck very well and it seemingly masked serious issues and didn't force Bellamy's hand to make meaningful changes (structural or personnel).
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon Smith rested with calf strain and Billy Walters drop out of the squad.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sosaia Feki is out injured for the Sharks too.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’d say Curtis is straight back in
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 pm Brandon Smith rested with calf strain and Billy Walters drop out of the squad.
Would think Joe swaps straight in for Brandon but the team list says Pat Kaufusi is on the bench
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch into the starting side. P Kaufusi in for Brandon Smith. Papenhuyzen retains a bench spot.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

My God they suck so bad. What is wrong with this team
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice bat on from Hughes to put the Foxx into space.

What about Gallen saying we didn't know where a ball was? When they got penalised for not doing drop out inside shot clock.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Those last two Sharks’ sets (forced dropout and try) just show how much Hughes isn’t Slater. Didn’t attack the first grubber and then out of position on the second.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:40 pm Those last two Sharks’ sets (forced dropout and try) just show how much Hughes isn’t Slater. Didn’t attack the first grubber and then out of position on the second.
I'd love a transcript of the conversation between SSuli and Hughes after mucking up that bomb, too much intent on blocking and not enough interest in the ball. With Ssuli every week there's a high(low)lights package.
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry