Round 7 - Storm vs Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thursday 25th April
7:50pm
AAMI Park

I love our ANZAC Day games against the Warriors. Fingers crossed that we are interested in playing footy in the first half this week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... 7-preview/

Storm v Warriors - Round 7 preview
NRL.com
Tue 23 Apr 2019

After copping their first loss of the season last week against the Roosters, the Storm will be in a vengeful mood, even though the Warriors had nothing to do with it.

They were out-played in the first half when the damage was done but coach Craig Bellamy was heartened by his team's determined comeback from 20-0 down to force extra time.

It's a home game for the Storm and the atmosphere will be bubbling with Anzac Day pride.

The Warriors are coming off last week's home loss to the Cowboys and should be doubly motivated to put in a massive effort after last year's 50-10 Anzac Day thrashing from the Storm.

The Rundown

Key match-up
Warriors backrower Tohu Harris will be counted on to provide inside information on his former team. Harris spent five years with Melbourne and will be keen to claim bragging rights over dynamic backrower Felise Kaufusi, especially given the embarrassment of last year's Anzac Day flogging.

For the Storm to win
They probably learned a thing or two with last week's extra time loss to the Roosters but don't expect the Storm to stray from their usual tactics of methodically wearing down the opposition through their hard-working forwards. Craig Bellamy will demand an ultra-aggressive opening 20 minutes after his side fell behind 20-0 in the first half last week.

For the Warriors to win
The mercurial Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will have to be at his inspirational best but he's going to need help from his supporting cast. Blake Green is expected to return after a two-week absence and should provide valuable offensive direction. Stephen Kearney should copy a few ideas from the Bulldogs after they almost upset the Storm in Melbourne three weeks ago.

Brett Kimmorley says
I just think the Storm are going to play at a better pace than what the Warriors have shown they can go at over the first six rounds. It was a different pace the Storm and Roosters played at last week. Hopefully for the Warriors Blake Green will be back but from what I’ve seen from the Warriors they won’t be able to go with the Storm if they flick the switch. Storm by 10

Stat Attack
This clash brings together two of the NRL's best metre men. RTS leads the way with 1,170m, while Storm fullback Jahrome Hughes is sixth (1,109m). Hughes is the clear leader in kick return metres (525), with RTS (340m) fifth). The Storm are the leading team in tackle breaks (221), post contact metres (3,043) and kick return metres (1,377).

And another thing ...
Among the many intriguing individual battles in this Thursday night meeting will be the duel between the wingers - Storm duo Josh Addo-Carr and Suliasi Vunivalu against Warriors pair David Fusitu'a and Ken Maumalo. Addo-Carr and Vunivalu have been typically prominent with seven tries between them, while Fusitu'a and Maumalo have managed four collectively. The Warriors need more from the designated finishers.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Jahrome Hughes
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Kenneath Bromwich
13. Dale Finucane

14. Brandon Smith
15. Christian Welch
16. Tui Kamikamica
17. Marion Seve

18. Patrick Kaufusi
19. Billy Walters
20. Albert Vete
21. Ryan Papenhuyzen
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder if Brandon will actually play - fingers crossed.

If not, hopefully Vete gets a run.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warriors
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)
2 Gerard Beale
3 Peta Hiku
4 Solomone Kata
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Chanel Harris-Tavita
7 Blake Green
8 Agnatius Paasi
9 Issac Luke
10 Leeson Ah Mau
11 Adam Blair
12 Tohu Harris
13 Lachlan Burr

14 Jazz Tevaga
15 Isaiah Papali’I
16 Bunty Afoa
17 Nathaniel Roache

18 Hayze Perham
20 Leivaha Pulu
21 Patrick Herbert
23 Chris Satae
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kata has been ruled out with a neck injury. Replaced by Patrick Herbert (not originally named in the Warriors 21).

RTS is also likely to be ruled out with a hamstring complaint.

Beale was named in place of Fusitu’a earlier in the week.

We better not have a single ounce of complacency. We have a bad habit of struggling in games when we are expected to blow the other team off the park.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Curtis Scott and Albie Vete have dropped out of the squad. Scott has been omitted and will play for the Falcons.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NRL Website reporting RTS is indeed out, as is Solomone Kata on compassionate leave and Blake Green is not returning. With David Fusitu'a also out, they are missing 4 key backs.

I agree with Your Hero- no room for complacency here.

I am pleased to see Curtis Scott has been dropped. I wish the lad all the best, but he has been poor this season, and it is important that the players know that spots are not guaranteed.

Let us hope we get out of the blocks like last year and put it away early.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:23 pmI am pleased to see Curtis Scott has been dropped. I wish the lad all the best, but he has been poor this season, and it is important that the players know that spots are not guaranteed.
Well said mate. Hate to see a young bloke dropped but he has been given a every opportunity in 2019 and been relatively poor. I hope he bounces back but this is the right call.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feel a bit sorry for Scott tbh. He probably deserves to be dropped but it's not like Bellamy hasn't stuck with players who've had a few poor performances in the past.

Bit rich saying spots aren't guaranteed given a select few can do pretty much anything and not miss a game.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I wish Vete was playing. Drop JB
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'd at the very least have Jesse coming off the bench. Welchy deserves a start anyway.

I wonder if Brandon is OK?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any team news?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Marion at Centre
Welch to start
NAS to the bench
Papenhuyzen onto the bench (for some reason)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Jahrome Hughes
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
17. Marion Seve
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith