If Cam is suspended

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As an aside to this suspension I have a feeling that Cameron won’t play on next year - the absolute hate for him is unbelievable- I am saddened by all of this
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes the NSW mafia is terrible.

They hate us and especially him.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To most with an unbiased view - Smith was trying to get Proctor off-balance, so his teammates who were up top, could twist him on to his back for a slower play the ball. Unfortunately Curtis Scott pinned the other leg to the ground and it went bad. As soon as Smith realised it, he let go of Proctor's leg, albeit too late and the damage was done. To claim any malice is absurd. To claim recklessness is even a step too far in my opinion. Carelessness? Probably fair enough.

Surprised to see Gallen providing some public support to Smith (on 100% Footy with Gould and co). Very rare that I agree with anything Gallen says but he was spot on here.

Gould was going hard - throw as much mud as possible and some is bound to stick. I expect no less from this deluded old fool.

Gallen - "He's allowed to grab the leg"
Gould - "It's not in the spirit of the game"
Gallen - "But what's he doing wrong?"
Gould - "Why's he trying to wishbone him?"
Gallen - "He's not, he's trying to destabilise him"
Gould - "THAT is not a good look. I bet they're not teaching that at the Sharks"
Gallen - "Well they are, we are taught to get them sideways so we can get them on their back"
Gould - "Ok so, grab them, twist them around. Pin the tail on the donkey. Wrestling insinuation. Old man trail-off."

It was just an unfortunate outcome of playing Rugby League.

If it wasn't Cameron Smith, is it even spoken about? How long until the next player is suspended for "lifting a leg"? How about how long until the next player even cops a comment in game commentary for doing the exact same thing? Won't happen.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, spot on mate.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Gus should go back to enslaving princess leia. I hate it when club-affiliated personalities are given a voice by the media and expected to be anything but biased.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:Gus should go back to enslaving princess leia.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gus is just feeding his constituency.

The Sydney public.

He used to care a bit about Melbourne when we were underdogs; but now we have had sustained success; he is kind of jealous.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
Danger D wrote:Gus should go back to enslaving princess leia.
:lol: