Round 6 - Storm vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
Cameron wrote:That is how much Bellyache is down on Croft. He doesn't care about any of those issues. He just wants Croft OUT
Careful, you go too far and the whole undercover-troll jig is up.
Trolls come in all shapes and sizes: even purple ones that feed on their own. They're all equally repulsive creatures.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stop feeding the troll and he might go back under his bridge
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ponga will have the game of his career. Calling it now
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree with you Nacho. Everyone has the game of their career against. Gallen plays rubbish and then stands up against us. Marshall was great in the first Tigers game then average and then Brooks amazing in the second watch him do nothing this week. It seems when the other team see purple they pull out everything. We usually do amazing things against the Broncos. Wish we could do it more often
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I expect the Knights will have numbers in motion down Young's corridor.

I wonder how Jacks will go playing on the right edge. Pretty sure he has only played on the left in his appearances to date? Will be another reason that the Knights target our right edge defence, given lack of combinations.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I couldn't really understand Cameron's was of thinking but I think I've worked out his exercise regime which is highly aerobic. It consists of jumping to conclusions, leaping for illogical concepts and blindly rushing for but missing his own train of thought.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Itzbek the Purple wrote:I couldn't really understand Cameron's was of thinking but I think I've worked out his exercise regime which is highly aerobic. It consists of jumping to conclusions, leaping for illogical concepts and blindly rushing for but missing his own train of thought.
It’s very simple. He’s a troll, pretending to be a Storm supporter but really bagging the Storm every chance he gets. I’ve no doubt he thinks it’s all hilarious but it’s really just immature and childish.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:Stop feeding the troll and he might go back under his bridge
If he doesn't stop it, someone just might drop a bridge on him.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Stop feeding the troll and he might go back under his bridge
If he doesn't stop it, someone just might drop a bridge on him.

It's getting painful
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Does anybody think we're a given this week, three on the trot could be looming. I can't for one moment think we'd lose three straight (when was the last time?) but then I thought the Tigers were no chance, either time. :oops:
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bullucked wrote:Does anybody think we're a given this week, three on the trot could be looming. I can't for one moment think we'd lose three straight (when was the last time?) but then I thought the Tigers were no chance, either time. :oops:
To be honest no
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There is almost no such thing as a given this year... We could beat the Dragons then get towelled up the following week by the Eels.

If we want a serious shot at Top 4, we need to take every game very seriously. If you show up with a poor attitude, you will be beaten - no matter who you are playing.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I’m confident we will win. But having said that I’ve been confident in every game so far.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I too feel confident that we will win this week. Not by much and it will be ugly but but the end of the season, who cares how we win. As long as we get the points. I agree we haven't played well but when I believe when you add context to the game ( reffed out of the Cronulla game and one single act by JAC leading to a try) it's not all doom and gloom. One single bounce of the ball going the right way (Eddie to JAC) and he's off to score the winning try.

Maybe I'm being to optimistic but I believe that some players are responding ( Suli not trying to continually attempt the miracle try/Intercept). I feel a bit sorry for Croft but I saw a Matty Johns interview where he said that a half back needs more time to dominate his role than five games ( he actually said 20 or 30 games but I hope that's not right.) I cannot remember just when Cooper Cronk went to half back (I'm guessing 2005 Mattpoet?) so maybe I'm a little bit optimistic that Croft still has time to grow into the role.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Itzbek the Purple wrote: I feel a bit sorry for Croft but I saw a Matty Johns interview where he said that a half back needs more time to dominate his role than five games ( he actually said 20 or 30 games but I hope that's not right.) I cannot remember just when Cooper Cronk went to half back (I'm guessing 2005 Mattpoet?) so maybe I'm a little bit optimistic that Croft still has time to grow into the role.
I think I saw this also. 20/30 games sounds about right. especially if you think about him having to be the dominant playmaker in a team with a certain Cameron Smith (and Billy Slater).