We don't have this magical fairy dust

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ok I’m starting to think you’ve never seen many Storm games
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Deadpool wrote:Ok I’m starting to think you’ve never seen many Storm games
*any
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

strangest comment ive ever read Cameron...bellamy literally gets up like 50 times a game
sean
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Cameron wrote:Yes, but this was the biggest walk he has ever done, trust me.
Classic. Think we need a GPS on Bellyache to track his run metres each game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was a game in 2017 where Bellamy was that pissed off he walked down to the field. The players were that concerned by it they poured gatorade over him to cool him down. Worked like a charm, couldn't keep the smile off his face afterwards.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

That isn't the same type of walk. At least not with the same blood pressure reading. Bellyache usually only walks to the back of the box so no one can see his comments. At Mt Smart stadium on Saturday after Croft somehow misread the kick off; Bellyache did half a lap of the oval with the expression of a school teacher who had lost control of the class.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hyperbole is your forte.

Bellamy was very frustrated at a mistake in a crucial part of an equally frustrating game. Nothing more, nothing less. You can read more into it if you want to, but there is nothing to substantiate you going there.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

It was the tipping point in a young players career and he has been benched. So that was the outcome of Bellyache's long walk.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cameron wrote:It was the tipping point in a young players career and he has been benched. So that was the outcome of Bellyache's long walk.
Cameron
Do you have some inside running, I'm thinking you might?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:
Cameron wrote:It was the tipping point in a young players career and he has been benched. So that was the outcome of Bellyache's long walk.
Cameron

I'm starting to think this too but he does it annoyingly
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:
Bullucked wrote:
Cameron

I'm starting to think this too but he does it annoyingly
Sallymay
Silence can say so much.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You guys are giving him way too much credit... Constant pot shots at virtually every issue, hardly fills me with confidence of ‘inside information’.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:Have you ever watched Ryley Jacks before?
I have seen him in all his 13 first team games since his debut in Round 1 of last year. So Yes.

He averaged 24 tackles per game last year and had a season high of 35.

He also averages about 6 hit ups a game for approx. 30 m.

Not that many tries or try assists.

So he is more about adding energy and effort.

As I said, Jacks will have his shot now. Because of the way the cards have fallen; he will have his shot to prove he is a big time player with us a year early rather than having to change teams. And other teams had noticed him' make no mistake.

All the has to do is make sure he does the basics well.

Sure he is playing out of position but he is a really good tackler and kicker.

“If you put yourself in his shoes, last year I think he played 12 games and done a real good, blue-collar job for us and we had 10 or 11 wins in that time,” Bellamy said.

“He played his part and last year there was always going to be someone come back from rep footy or injury and he wasn’t going to be there for that long but this is a real chance for him to grab something a a little bit more permanent.

“But having said that we have a lot of belief in Brodie as well, it’s opened up its challenges there but there is a real good opportunity for one of those guys to grab it.”

Bellamy said he took no joy from dropping Croft.

“It didn’t give me any joy to leave Brodie out but I thought it was the best thing for the team and perhaps the best thing for Brodie at this stage,” Bellamy said.

“We never expected him to play the whole season but over the last couple of weeks I thought this was the right thing to do for the team and that’s what we have done.”

If the Storm can’t regain their form and fix their error issues in attack, Bellamy has made it clear he will drop more players.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:That isn't the same type of walk. At least not with the same blood pressure reading. Bellyache usually only walks to the back of the box so no one can see his comments. At Mt Smart stadium on Saturday after Croft somehow misread the kick off; Bellyache did half a lap of the oval with the expression of a school teacher who had lost control of the class.
How do you do "half a lap of the oval" at a rectangular stadium?
Then, how do you get back to your starting point without walking across the middle of the field?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

He walked half way round the stadium and then he walked half way back.

In that time he plotted a course to see the Melbourne Storm play as well as they did last night.

Well done Bellyache. You impressed me with the little changes you made to our structure that enabled us to make more of our attacking chances yet still sticking to our philosophy of completion of sets. Movement and structure.

Smith and Slater shone like true leaders.Their experience and smarts shone through, particularly in the opening 20 minutes of the game when Melbourne strangled Newcastle with the vast majority of possession and the first six penalties of the match.

Melbourne wasn’t mucking around as it took the home side barely a minute to get on the scoreboard.

Bellyache was also able to sprinkle some magic fairy dust on Ryley Jacks. This kid deserves his chance and his numbers say he is up to it and is just a no nonsense player who actually complements what everyone else is doing. Remember that Jacks is also only 14 games into his career as well.

Crofty may struggle to find his name on the teamsheet for round 7 as his replacement Ryley Jacks picked up two try assists and some good runs, as well as 20 tackles.

And how much better was the execution of our kicking game last night; especially the one that "falconed" Mitchell Pearce and Suli just strolled in. That is what has been missing.