We don't have this magical fairy dust

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote:Weren't Parra supposed to be favourites, or was it the Rooters (as they seem to be every year)?
In Rugby League I don't see how anybody, pre-season, can ever be a favourite
Cowboys were favourites, based on they made the grand final last year and would add in Thurston, Scott and McLean to that team. Roosters were 2nd favs after adding Cronk and Tedesco.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well Brodie Croft is benched and Jacks comes in.

Works on two fronts.

Jacks is a better tackler and a better kicker.

Brodie will be devastated atm. Can he fight back?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Better tackler yes. But a better kicker not sure. Also who kicks the goals now Croft is not there. Smith is carrying ankle injury and not doing it.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote: Also who kicks the goals now Croft is not there. Smith is carrying ankle injury and not doing it.
Stimson?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Didn’t they say Smith will resume kicking against the Knights. Pretty sure I heard that somewhere
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

As I said somewhere else; that is how much Bellyache is down on Croft. He doesn't care about any of those issues.

Bellyache just wants Croft OUT
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cameron wrote:As I said somewhere else; that is how much Bellyache is down on Croft. He doesn't care about any of those issues.

Bellyache just wants Croft OUT
And you know what Bellamy is thinking how? They have said multiple times that Croft won’t play every game. They have said numerous times that they’ll look to give him breaks throughout the season. This is just the first. Doesn’t mean Bellamy doesn’t want him anymore
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

No it doesn't. But when Croft's muscles can't listen to the electrical signals from his brain and catch a ball. Bellyache knows it is time to make that move.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

You have no idea what the coach wants or thinks. All you have is an educated guess, like the rest of us. My educated guess is he did not "want Croft out" and you so loving put it. But after reviewing the game,(which he would of gone) he discussions with his other coaches, his leadership group, his captain and Croft himself. Then he decided on what was best for the team. I do not believe would said in front of others that he "wants Croft out".

Also, there is more than one Storm player whose muscles can't listen to the electrical signals from his brain and catch a ball. So Craig must want them all out
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

But was it “Crofts muscles not listening to the electrical signals from his brain” or did Suli say something to him maybe that put him off or did he just think he was closer to the sideline and made a mistake? We don’t know. For all we know Suli could have called mine or leave it and then at the last moment changed to yours, I don’t know about you but I know if someone had of done something like that to me, then it probably would of been the same result
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

It was Croft's ball 100% of the time. No one else helped him have the brain fade.

You obviously missed Bellyaches walk after Croft unbelievably missed the kick, he would have walked about 50 metres out of the box. I have never seen Bellyache angrier.

I reckon half way around the walk he had decided that Crofty needed a rest else Bellyache would blow a fuse.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

You have it all wrong Deadpool Cameron knows exactly what happened it seems. Unlike the rest of us who were just watching of television in another country.

Craig walks away all the time and is always angry when a mistake is made.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

This one blew his mind though. I wish I had the gif of it. It was pretty funny. He almost took off; left the stadium and walked back to Australia he was that upset.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cameron, here’s a little secret for ya, it’s not the first time his done it. I’ve seen him get up and walk away plenty of times. Sometimes when we’re even winning. It’s not a rarity
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes, but this was the biggest walk he has ever done, trust me. Bellyache was literally lunatic raving mad.