Cronk to expose Storm’s secrets to Sydney Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Cronk to expose Storm’s secrets to Sydney Roosters, says Craig Bellamy

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 3acc773058

CRAIG Bellamy fully expects Cooper Cronk to share Melbourne Storm’s secrets with the Sydney Roosters but says the halfback won’t know everything his former NRL club is up to.

After 14 seasons with the reigning premiers, the veteran joined the Roosters on a two-year deal after moving to Sydney to be with his fiancee. He went with Bellamy’s blessings, although the coach would have preferred he retired rather than lined up against the Storm.

“I don’t particularly like him playing with another team but it’s his decision and what’s best for him,” Bellamy said on Tuesday at the announcement his club would host Leeds in the World Club Challenge in February.

“I would have preferred that he didn’t but he’ll always have my support in whatever he wants to do.” After playing his entire NRL career in Melbourne, Cronk knows the club inside out and Bellamy believes the Roosters would benefit from that. But he said the Storm would be making changes to accommodate his absence and the departures of Jordan McLean (Cowboys) and Tohu Harris (Warriors) and would be tweaking their playing style.

“He can share a whole heap if he wants and I’m sure he will,” Bellamy said. “We won’t be playing the same style next year, mainly because we haven’t got him.

“We try to tailor the way we play to the strengths of our players so we’ll have different players next year so we’ll be changing a few things.” Storm newcomers including former Raiders winger Sandor Earl, who is returning from a four-year doping ban, have commenced training.

Bellamy said he’d been impressed by Earl’s fitness and attitude. “He’s in really good shape and we have to get him in good footy shape now,” Bellamy said.

“He’s had a great attitude and he’s impressed all of our staff with his willingness to work and also to ask questions and try to find the best way to be doing things so we’re really happy with him.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so who cares ... we play them once next year so its not gonna make a huge difference is it
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Correct me I am wrong. But we play the Roosters the weekend after a origin game. If like this year, It will be highly doubtful the origin players (Cronk included) will play. Even if Cronk plays and our origin players do not and the Roosters win, we can always say it was because we did not have our origin players. Just a long as we do not meet the Roosters in September/October I will be happy
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Will only happen if and when we play them in the finals.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it's why Craig was talking about it...probably having a laugh that it's such a pissant issue....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

As Craig said when he was coach of NSW, Knowing the way Smith. Slater etc. play is one thing, but stopping it is another. Cronk does not have the best fullback and hooker in the game anymore. Also, Cronk's record without Smith playing (All teams) is 14 games for 13 losses and 1 win. I really hope this records continues to grow.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: Also, Cronk's record without Smith playing (All teams) is 14 games for 13 losses and 1 win. I really hope this records continues to grow.
Thanks for sharing that glennb. Makes me even more confident of our prospects against the chooks next year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That stat is absolutely meaningless.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

All stats are meaningless until you manage to get a meaning out of them.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be good if the stats were also correct too.

The stat would only mean something if you think Cronk should've carried a bunch of players over origin period by himself. Or that you don't rate the Roosters.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk can play. I know that. Australian, Queensland and former Melbourne Storm superstar.Stats, Stats and meaningless statistics.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know stats mean nothing in the scheme of things. It just makes me feel good about him playing for another team. The story about Cronk telling the Roosters our secrets is also meaningless but a lot of people read it.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk will know our system backwards. But Bellamy will make some big changes by the time we play them in the finals some 23 games away. Remembering we play the Roosters just after an Origin game in the season so Cronk is unlikely to play then.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tHIS whole thing reads like a Sydney-centric ego trip designed to lull Harbour-siders in to a false sense of security that the Tri Colours will be the ones to decimate MElbourne on account of pinching our halfback.

LAme.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sydney media just hate anything Melbourne Storm.

The key to the whole thing is what happens to Pearce.

if it is Pearce Off to other Clubs then the Roosters aren't that much better.