2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Not sure of his stats, but Cameron Smith's running game has been amazing this year, particularly in the Finals!!
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Amazing win to cap an amazing year.

Clearly the no1 side this year and if anyone can grumble about penalties in the final it was us - Ceccin missed a stack of not squares and high shots but who cares.

Smith was the standout for me but in a team game I'm not really bothered. All 17 were brilliant.

Massive credit to Bellamy for building one heck of an Empire..

Best wishes to all the departing guys - Harris (also immense), Maclean, Griffin and The magical little fella Cronk. What a way to go out...
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

sliat_1981 wrote:Lol can't believe they're STILL trying to use the penalty excuse. Even after they got way more. So glad our fans weren't like this last year.
Would actually be interesting to see what we all said after last years defeat.
All the stars aligned this year, what a season.
Our 4 defeats I think were 6pts or below? I could be wrong. But what a ride, I want us to go through it all again next season and take it out again lol.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lost to sharks by 9, titans by 2, roosters by 1 and eels by 16
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Predictions please:

Will Cronk play on? Who for?

Will Slater play on? How many seasons?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Last night highlighted how much we will miss Jordy and Harris. Both were monumental.

A bloody ripper game! Showed no mercy and put them away early!

The 1,700km driving in little over 24hrs was well worth it
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu was my player of the match last night. Incredible end to his Storm career. Will miss him a ton next year.

I don't think we put a foot wrong last night. We were basically perfect.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I have not posted all week . I have been so nervous, and I feared anything I said would jinx the boys.

After having been to Sydney for 5 grand finals, it was very strange to watch one from home. In fact the lead up to the game was excruciating. When you are at the stadium you are part of what is going on, but at home you are helpless. For a while there I contemplated going for a long walk and returning at the end of the game. I think this one meant so much for the legacy of this group, that defeat would have been devastating. It would have hurt so much more than last year.

I should never have doubted our Storm boys. This was an amazing win, and a truly fitting way to cap off an extraordinary season.

Amongst those of us watching were my newly-converted Storm-supporting nephew, and also my eldest son's partner who is a delightful young lady but a Queenslander who is a big Cowboys fan. I promised my wife that I would not be over-the-top, but that went out the window when the Fox sprinted for the line for that first try !!

Just like 07 it was a win we could enjoy enjoy from a long way out. As others have said, the coverage was great, and they stayed with it till 10.45pm, so we could really feel the atmosphere and share the joy.

The speeches were all class, as befits our wonderful club.

You folks who went up there were superb.

It has been great to share this wonderful 2017 ride with all of you.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Gaiscioch wrote:
sliat_1981 wrote:Lol can't believe they're STILL trying to use the penalty excuse. Even after they got way more. So glad our fans weren't like this last year.
Would actually be interesting to see what we all said after last years defeat.
All the stars aligned this year, what a season.
Our 4 defeats I think were 6pts or below? I could be wrong. But what a ride, I want us to go through it all again next season and take it out again lol.
We all complained about Chambers not passing the ball and 1 year later he redeemed himself by passing perfectly to foxy for the first try. What a legend. Can't believe you guys said such bad things about him
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What a swan song for Tohu. He was best on the park for mine and his cut out pass to The Fox was ridiculously well executed. We will miss him, Cronk and McLean so much whilst they are plying their trade elsewhere. I think Cronk will go on, West Tigers must have plenty of cash under the cap. I could see him going there. McLean should do a Turner and basically renege on his contract by staying. (We said those things about our number 3 last year, 'cos essentially his season 2016 was rubbish. Blind Freddy could see that.)

Enjoy the moment!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What an amazing night. Just got back so won't make it to Fed Square but i can live with that after witnessing last night. While i was always quietly confident we'd get the job you just never know what might happen on the night. I felt for the Cows fans, as we know it's a shit feeling to get done in the big one but they were all class with the majority staying back for the presentations. Same with Gavin Cooper and his speech, again all class.

Can't say much more about the boys that hasn't already been said but for me personally i rate this team collectively as the best we've had. It really sunk in last night or more so this morning that it's the last time we'll see Coops in purple and it's going to be so weird not having him out the next year. I highly doubt he'll play on elsewhere but time will tell. Great news that Bill has all but re-signed, he still has a heap to offer both on and off the field and we're just a much better side with him in it.
cumulonimbus
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

tigerr wrote:Predictions please:

Will Cronk play on? Who for?

Will Slater play on? How many seasons?
My predictions are

Cronk will leave and turn to a commentary position

Slater to play on for two more seasons.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Just got back to Albury , was a great run down the hwy with every 2nd car a storm fan and tooting and cheering as we passed. Yass service centre was a sea, of purple too. What a buzz the last 24hrs have been. Cheers to the team for a great win !

Cronk will play on I believe in Syd, he's far too good to retire as much as I'd like him too and Bill will sign for 1 more year. Top 4 again for us next season
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk will play on. Sharks and Roosters front runners, do not know where they get the money. Rabbits a chance.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

At least we blamed our players not e others or refs. I thought it was more Welsh's fault for giving that penalty that cost is the lead. But hey, it's in the past now