Prelim Final: Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm hoping for an emotionally draining PF between the Chickens and Cows. So they'll be too weirded out for us
tigerr
Squall
Squall

36 degrees in Sydney today and tomorrow - is that draining enough for you?
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Probably 3 of our best players last night are all leaving - Cronk, McLean and Harris
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

tigerr wrote:36 degrees in Sydney today and tomorrow - is that draining enough for you?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
tigerr wrote:36 degrees in Sydney today and tomorrow - is that draining enough for you?
Lol
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigerr I think you will find that our best two players last night were Felise and Cameron Smith. They are not leaving. The three next best players you named are leaving but lets look at the positives: THEY ARE STORM PLAYERS FOR ONE MORE WEEK. Lets worry about next year next year.
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Really hoping for the Cowboys to win tonite, but dreams like that rarely come true
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers was up there too.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoping for a bone crunching match tonight, scores level after 80 minutes and them having to play an extra 20 minutes.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Chambers was up there too.
Yep Chambers gave Moga nothing to work with.
A bit was mentioned about the McLean run that lead to a try but nothing about the pass from Smith which pretty much directed the run of Jordan. He had to accelerate onto the ball which sped up the tempo. Great work from the skipper and complimented by a big run.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yep that'll do nicely
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought all the forwards did their job well. McLean the real standout.

Griffin didn't come on until 13 minutes to go. The game was already over. I'll continue to not understand that at all.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was so nervous before last night- and so it seemed were some of the boys! Still , the defence all night was superb. Fabulous by everyone.

The game breaker was that exquisite pass to Fox by Curtis Scott. He has stepped into Cheyse's role with aplomb.

Felise Kaufusi- it is extraordinary how much he has improved from last year. Craig's game plan necessities back rowers who play 80 , and Felise has stepped up brilliantly.

Big Jordy looks primed for a fabulous finale in the purple, as does the bloke in 7. Also a lovely touch to let Tohu take the last kick ( or perhaps the reality is that he is simply better than Munster).

We are surely better placed than last year. Billy is a handy addition, and big NAS adds a powerful X factor.

With everyone else, am hoping for a brutal game tonight, with extra time and another 10 or 12 minutes of sudden death !!!

Superb crowd, although i suspect there were a few newbies. Someone behind me asked who our number 8 was, and when advised it was Jesse said " well he is not very fit "!!

I have been up to Sydney for 5 grand finals. Won't be there next week, but will be watching from home and will be with you all in spirit.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Griffin didn't come on until 13 minutes to go. The game was already over. I'll continue to not understand that at all.
Don't worry only one game left until he's gone
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Maybe it's the wine talking but with all the media about how Coops meticulous preparation and never succumbing to emotion, I was wondering is Cooper Cronk a Vulcan??