Road To The 2017 Finals...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looks like Storm v Eels will be the early game on Saturday
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:
Scooter wrote:Got a bad feeling NAS won't be playing next week. Surely Tohu has nothing to answer for the fend.
Scooter - what is the concern re NAS ? I am away at the moment ('back in good time for the finals) and have not yet seen the game.
He was put on report for a high shot.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:He was put on report for a high shot.
Nothing in that at all. Was unlucky to even be a penalty.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed. Not even sure it was put on report.

Very interested to see what bench Bellamy goes with for the finals. Few options.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hoping we play the Broncos in the GF. I think the crowd for a Bronco's / Storm GF would be a lot friendlier than if we were playing any other Sydney-based team. Sharks supporters outnumbered us 2:1 last year so I'd be hoping for a better ratio if it's a non-Sydney opponent.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

4.10 Saturday
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not happy at all with the scheduling – the two greatest football clubs in Australia (Storm and Bombers) playing their final at the same time.
Mister M
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Kettles wrote:Not happy at all with the scheduling – the two greatest football clubs in Australia (Storm and Bombers) playing their final at the same time.
I agree with Storm, but not sure what criteria you use to claim that Essendon is 'one of the greatest football clubs in Australia'.

What time slot would you suggest as an alternative?

Friday night would've caused a 'crush' within the Melbourne sporting complex with the AFL at the 'G, thus wouldn't have been logical.

The Saturday night time slot would've caused the Allianz game that day being at the same time as Sydney/Essendon, thus causing a 'crush' within the Sydney sporting complex, and the same logic as before.

While it wouldn't have been fair to play the Qualifying final on Sunday as it would've disadvantaged the team that loses in the Qualifying final as they would get one day less rest than the team who won the Elimination final the following week, thus illogical again.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Essendon is the pre-eminent AFL club who have won the premiership in total 20 times, more than any other. Until this is eclipsed, they remain top of the tree.

Re the scheduling, I'm not looking at the logic behind it, I'm looking at the sheer inconvenience of it all.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kettles wrote:Essendon is the pre-eminent AFL club who have won the premiership in total 20 times, more than any other. Until this is eclipsed, they remain top of the tree.

Re the scheduling, I'm not looking at the logic behind it, I'm looking at the sheer inconvenience of it all.
16 I think you'll find.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

20 mate, go hit the books.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I count em all.
tigerr
Squall
Squall

C'mon Storm! We need to get past Parramatta to avoid the Sharks the following week.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I am unhappy with the inconvenience too ! We are taking my mum out to lunch for her birthday. There may be no time for dessert before we have to leave for the game !! Sorry, mum !
tigerr
Squall
Squall

So how confident is everyone going into the 2017 Finals?

Last year we struggled to put away the Cowboys and the Raiders in the first weeks, and then of course couldn't match the intensity of the Sharks in the Final. Are we better placed this year with players rested and not too many injuries?

Please let me know your thoughts.

ps The only problem I can see is that the covers for the Big 3 (Jahrome Hughes, Brodie Croft and Brandon Smith) appear to be all out injured so if one of the Big 3 go down we appear to be in trouble)