Nate Myles joins Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hate saying this but I swear people talking Myles up haven't seen him play the last two years.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've known for weeks he was coming finnnnalllly it's announced ... Yes he is old yes he had a bad rep but seriously we said the same about Norrie Ryles Newton Lima Cross White Crocker...and look what happened to those guys
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

blazza18 wrote:I hate saying this but I swear people talking Myles up haven't seen him play the last two years.
So Craig Bellamy included?

Maybe people just see the signing for what it is.....a decent depth front row option, and an opportunity to possibly be more.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's a body and that's about it.

And Sally he's older than all those guys bar Ryles, who was nowhere close to done as what Myles currently is.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Pretty sick of the emo brothers (blazza18 and Inglis#3) on here.

You'd think we were bottom of the table if all you did was read their posts.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote:Pretty sick of the emo brothers (blazza18 and Inglis#3) on here.

You'd think we were bottom of the table if all you did was read their posts.
emo brothers....

Now that is funny... :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

How dare people have differing opinions! Let's censor anyone with a differing viewpoint. People of your ilk try very hard for that to be the case.
Anyway, a lot of outsiders are mocking these two signings.

Lucas, as far as I know me and Blazza when criticising the club are referring to recent recruitment and not on field performances, no? You make it sound like the latter.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow that's a but rude Lucas

I can see both points ...he hasn't been great this year but if you watch his video with storm tv he says he hasn't been enjoying his footy maybe he needs the change to start playing better ...either way I say give him a chance if his crap he will end up a tiger or a falcon
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The banter on here sounds like that Chambers issue from a while back where no one could have an opinion on here as to why the bloke never passes the ball
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Inglis#3 wrote:How dare people have differing opinions! Let's censor anyone with a differing viewpoint. People of your ilk try very hard for that to be the case.
Anyway, a lot of outsiders are mocking these two signings.

Lucas, as far as I know me and Blazza when criticising the club are referring to recent recruitment and not on field performances, no? You make it sound like the latter.
You guys have been criticising everything lately. Not just this recruitment. I'm not trying to censor you, just calling you out on being overly negative.

I could give a stuff what "outsiders" are saying about this. Thought we might get better from our own. Give him a bloody chance first eh?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forwards who can bend the line and get quick play the balls are extremely important in today's style of footy. Myles is the exact opposite of that.

If you're happy with signing someone, that's cool. But know he's just not very good and likely wont help on the field.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

That's cool Lucas. Will try and provide a bit more balance and make some more positive comments on our performances. I've not had a problem with them.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The first and last word on Myles from me; achieved everything save for a premiership. You can't buy experience like that. Bellamy will get the rubbish out of his game and he'll be a great asset.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A handy pickup. Certainly he is not the player he once was, but will not be earning the coin he once was. I absolutely understand the different views here - that is fine. He might give us nothing .. but I reckon he is worth the punt. That 17th spot is up for grabs, and for example this week I would have preferred him ( had he not been injured ) to Dean Britt. I assume that Storm has done a full medical, and the shoulder is not long-term.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am fascinated to know what we're dolling out for him though. His wife is in Melbourne so it wouldn't surprise me if he's decided to leave a lot of money on the table.