Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can't argue with anything you said Storm Spirit! Do hope it all turns out well. No doubting Kasiano does have plenty of upside.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Can't argue with anything you said Storm Spirit! Do hope it all turns out well. No doubting Kasiano does have plenty of upside.

We all bleed the same color blood...purple....Inglis#3....we all want Storm to prosper....

there's differences of opinion for sure...that's life...but we all want the same thing.

Success.

Let's hope CB and FP have made some inspired choices. GO STORM O0
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So rumour is now that Nate Myles could be joining us this year in a mid season move
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Buying experience to help guide the development of our young forwards seems like a good strategy to me. There are pros and cons to any player transfer and to pretend that it's all one or the other is naive.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Buying bad players hurts the team.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bad players???

Kasiano is devastating and the chinks in his armour are relatively easy to fix. Not a bad player at all IMO.

Myles is being compared to his best days, not what he currently offers from a value for money perspective. If Myles can find some form, he will prove a handy pick-up for likely not a big price tag. Far more likely to be successful than Norrie when we picked him up but that turned out alright.

Myles comes with pedigree and a proven track record for success at the highest level. If he can get back to half as good as his best days, he would still prove worthwhile (at the right price).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I fully get why people like the Kasiano signing. Bellamy could fix him. I've just always hated the way he plays footy. I'm not into players who think they're top shit but back down when the going gets tough.

Yes, Nate Myles is a bad player. If his name wasn't Nate Myles he wouldn't be playing first grade. Manly are in a forward crisis much like us and might be ok with letting him leave early. Just 18 months after giving naming him captain. He hasn't been good since his early Titans' days.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As my under 14's coach once told me "There's no such thing as a bad player: just players who have bad performances!" :P
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't like either. Kasiano is a bully and Myles should be retired but I guess if we did it with Bryan Norrie we can probably do it with Nate.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Norrie might have been pulled out of nowhere but he was 26 his first year with us. Myles turns 32 in a couple of months.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

How old was Ryles when he came to us. He played great of the bench maybe not his as good as his origin years, but better than he had been playing at his old club.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Myles will also cost 9/10's of lima lima lima duck all.....

so dont sweat it.

short term stop gap measure while the big recruitment game is played
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Barrett has come out saying Myles is going nowhere untill the end of his contract (next year)....Lurker (shit source I know) claims he signed a two year deal yesterday....who knows what to believe
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm Spirit wrote:Myles will also cost 9/10's of *lima lima lima duck* all.....

so dont sweat it.

short term stop gap measure while the big recruitment game is played
Agreed
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And that won't be finalised for next year. Market availability and activity comes in waves. You may have to wait a year to get a decent batch of off-contract centres/second rowers/whatevers.