Round 3 Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was our best player in the grand final. Fact.
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

We are copping some injuries again, now Vinuvalu is going to be out 3-4 weeks at best after doing his shoulder. Waiting on scans to confirm how bad it is.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:Was our best player in the grand final. Fact.
My memory of it was he bombed the try to win it
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not his fault the Dally M medal winner was invisible all night.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Not his fault the Dally M medal winner was invisible all night.
as much as hurts to remember...I had to LOL at this one....on that night, Cronk's mind was anywhere else but focussing on the 2016 GF...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cronk had a poor game by his standards. Smith is irreplaceable and may as well be made an immortal right now. Billy had some good touches but was a bit rusty as should be expected. JBrom is a beast. Jordan should be considered for Origin. JAC is faster than lightning. I wouldn't trade Suli for any other winger in the comp. Munster was solid and will be missed over the next few weeks. Chambers could pass more but his running game cannot be faulted. Dale is a workhorse. Glasby is super underrated. NAS is so big we're lucky he doesn't take up two spots on our bench.

Our combinations in both attack and defence should only get better over time. I'm really excited about our team this season and hope you all are too!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kettles - no one wants to read your agenda driven bull shit every week.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ignore me then dickhead
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Right or wrong people are allowed opinions. Don't need to act like a wanker though.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Billy made a very encouraging return . A bit rusty for sure, but I had feared we might never see him again, and loved his aggression and preparedness to put himself in the play.

Loving JAC. Chambers sometimes frustrating for sure, but again puts himself in the play. Good figures for hit ups, metres gained and tackles made.

Felise a great improver from fringe bench player to 80 minutes.

Great comeback JB .

Enjoyed the game a lot - especially the last 3 minutes !
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Chambers sometimes frustrating for sure, but again puts himself in the play. Good figures for hit ups, metres gained and tackles made.
No apparently Chambers is a spud, a dud, a hack and an oxygen thief who should never play 1st grade again. I heard it on this forum...so it must be true...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm2016 wrote:
We are not using Suli enough imo, he only seemed to get the ball last night when he went infield and got it himself. I dont even think we kicked one up for him
First half, two kicks put up for Suli, both times very cynically run off the ball by the Brisbane defence. The second time was more pulled off his run at the ball rather than blocked, crowd all saw it and voiced their disapproval (was right in front of the touchie) but of course nothing done.

For everything that's said about our team doing or not doing in the match people should be looking at what the Bronco's did. Their defence was outstanding but their deliberately giving away penalties in front was bloody disgraceful. Equally disgraceful, if not more so, was the referee having finally had enough of the cynical penalties warning Boyd that next time somebody would be sat down. Of course, did he follow through on his threat, no, of course not! This is where the great game of rugby league is $hit.
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I agree, Bullucked. The first penalty claim for Suli was line ball, but the second ( which was just below and to the right of where I sit ) was absolutely blatant.

Not nearly enough use of the sin bin for professional fouls.

Two amazing things happened in the Newcastle game tonight within a one minute span. Souths won a scrum against the feed and then, when a shocked and horrified Hodkinson gave the ref a mouthful for having the audacity for actually allowing a contested scrum , the ref marched him for 10. Good stuff. If the refs show a bit of spine, they might be shown more respect and the game would be better for it. I am not sure any of the current lot ( except maybe Cecchin ) would have the guts to have awarded the penalty try as Bill Harrigan did in 99 GF.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Chambers was great on Thursday as was Suli, Jordy and Smith.
Cronk was below par and I agree that he doesn't use Suli enough and JAC isn't utilised to suit his strengths. We did the same with Marika.
The back three of Slater, Vunivalu and JAC really excite me though. Probably the quickest back three combination in the comp.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers' game style is really suited to be on the wing. If we had an obvious centre replacement that would be what I'd do until Suli comes back.