In the 2016 grand final

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

The tries we conceded are not tries we have been conceding this year.
Tough to swallow.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

But you know what? We were discraseful in he first half and if not for our defense it would have been way worse. They played great, we didn't.
staticash
Squall
Squall

Tipped not to make the 8 -minor premiers
Lost the grand final in the 80th minute and after a shocking first half.

So pround of the team bring on 2017.
Purple blood thru and thru.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can find some humour in Chambers not passing costing us the game. He was outstanding though, so it's a shame people will only remember him for something he didn't do.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shattering. Totally shattering. We had our chances to win the game but didn't/couldn't take them. Some very soft penalties to the Sharks towards the end, FMD.

All on us though, not blaming referees. That one hurts.

I honestly wouldn't mind losing as much if it wasn't to Cronulla. Gallen, Fifita, Ennis, Bird... Those pieces of garbage don't deserve it.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think rewatching our 2012 grand final is in order
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:Can find some humour in Chambers not passing costing us the game. He was outstanding though, so it's a shame people will only remember him for something he didn't do.
Yes he had a good game. Unfortunately it's the flaw in his game that has been highlighted all year that will stand out.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We weren't shocking or disgraceful in the first half in my opinion - we just didn't have much ball and the Sharks, who just so happen to be a very good side, threw absolutely everything at us. We did fantastically well just to be in the game at half time after absorbing so much pressure.

Ironically, it seems it was the Sharks that tired as the game went on (thanks in part to their injuries probably), and we simply ran out of time (after Chambers missed a certain Grand Final winning try opportunity - BUT, only after he showed great skill to kick & regather in the first place).

It was a fast, high quality contest, and we fell just short. But we certainly weren't shocking or disgraceful in defeat.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers was very good so yes it is a bit disappointing that him not passing to Cronk cost us.

Also a silly penalty from Welch which helped them get extra set. Tackle was pretty much already made. But Welch's two offloads did help set up Chambers' try.

Very proud of our effort, amazing we had a chance to pinch it in the end.

What about Cam Smith 70+ tackles? And a classy speech.

Sharks played well and while disappointed we lost happy for Sharks fans after 50 years.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk was very poor tonight. Wasn't surprised by that as I do think his form has been a little overhyped all year,
Munster was very good I thought and Marika did a lot of the grunt work which we'll miss going forward.
Welch played well when he came on for limited time. He's progressing nicely as a player.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I watched the game at the local Raiders club and it was swamped with about 200 Sharks fans. Probably about 40 teeth (total) amongst them... So comically bogan and fit the stereotype perfectly.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And that folks is the footnote to our season. He passes, we score, we win. But I guess he did score that vital try.
Blah.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I find it strange that Cronk is not a player who plays well in losing sides. Certainly not in recent years at least. When we lose important games, he tends to play very poorly.

Anyway, I couldn't be more proud of the team. I think we were up against it before kick off and I think they should hold their heads up high. It is a sad way to send off Koroibete and Green who have had some very special moments at the club. Also wanted to credit Ben Hampton.I have not been a fan of his but this year I thought he has finally become a player I could get behind. I'm glad we used him tonight, because he definitely provided the spark we needed from him.

I really feel like this will be a season to look back at as what could have been. I firmly believe that we were the best team in the competition, so to have no trophy to show for it is hard to stomach.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All 17 players lost Storm the game including Cam and Cooper. Stupid and ignorant to blame Will.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gutted, but so proud of the boys, the Sharks played near perfect football and we had no right to even be in that game at half-time. To not only retake the lead but come within a whisker of pinching a win was monumental, well done to the Sharkies, on another day we may well have won that game. I thought we stole it atleast 3 times in the last 5 minutes!! Beautiful thing about football, there is always next year!! Hold you head high lads, great season!!

Anyone ragging on Chambers needs their head examined, he was our best player tonight and the only reason we got back into the game in the first place, as for Welch I don't know what he is supposed to do making a low tackle it's not his fault Townsend head was only a foot off the ground, we were unlucky but not disgraced, special mention to Cam Smith, 74 tackles you are a freak.