In the 2016 grand final

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:I fly up on Wednesday. Staying in Hurstville with my aunt. Will be at the fan day at the Opera House on Thursday. Friday I'm heading out to St. Marys for Latin Heat vs. CanAm Grizzlies. Staying with my Brother From Another Mother on Saturday and Sunday. Flying home on Monday night.

Couldn't have planned it better myself.
Nice work LESStar58 particularly going to Latin Heat v CanAm Grizzlies.
There's also a Latin Heat vs. Combined Africa at Liverpool on Saturday. I'll see how I go with that one.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bay 145 row 15..... Let's do this!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

In amongst all the vitriol we are going to cop this weekend, it is worth remembering - and reminding others - that Cronulla are convicted drug cheats . Their coach Flanagan copped a 12 month ban. Players including Gallen and Graham pleaded guilty. They copped a very soft suspension , but they did plead guilty. So we are not the wicked step-sister : Cinderella was a naughty girl too.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Here is what I posted to the unbelievably biased ZeroTackle idiots just now, who beleive in their heart of hearts that Canberra were given the rough end of the stick last game.

Here’s the deal.

You all hate Melbourne. I get it.
I know the hatred and only grudging respect spouted by these so-called expert commentators you lap up with glee and see everything through their eyes. Warren Ryan, Brandy, Voss, Johns, Gould et al hate that there’s this upstart team from down south frankly being too successful for their likes. (Similar to when Brisbane Lions took all before them and won 3 premierships in the AFL). Everyone hated the Lions down south and I realise your antipathy towards Storm. It’s exactly the same, I get it.

So, it’s good versus evil this Sunday. Not Melbourne, they’re not the evil ones. The team that conducts themselves like an NRL club should are NOT grubs, NOT shown favouritism… in fact they get pretty much stuff all from the NRL who I am sure themselves don’t even like how dominant they can be in their own competition. The good (Melbourne) play the evil, Cronulla, the club with the convicted drug cheats and the suspended manager. Forget all the sentiment that this would be their maiden voyage into decorating their trophy cabinet, they are cheats who were given a slap on the wrist. If they win, and they’ll have a very good chance of doing that, good luck to them, getting the monkey off their backs. But Storm will again travel into enemy territory, the team and fans alike getting dog’s abuse from all and sundry. Don’t worry, it only steels them into doing what they like doing best… ensuring that good triumphs over evil. Go Storm, you are very very good things.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How about the big news story of the day in NSW? The ultimate villain Lex Luthor aka Cameron Smith "shoved" Jarrod Croker, (must have) made contact with Croker's injured leg and started the push and shove.

Oh diddums.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ceccin is the lead ref

Makes sense.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

NRL360 was putrid in the bias last night.
It's basically only Sterlo who I respect as a rugby league 'expert' these days. He had a few things negative to say about us on his show but at least he backs up his opinion with facts and puts some thought behind it.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:NRL360 was putrid in the bias last night.
It's basically only Sterlo who I respect as a rugby league 'expert' these days. He had a few things negative to say about us on his show but at least he backs up his opinion with facts and puts some thought behind it.
Tugga it is funny you should say that about Sterlo. I was saying to someone earlier that we will have to listen to the Sharks cheersquad commentate on Sunday. I mentioned 2009 to them and said it was like listening to the Eels cheersquad commentate. And the least biased commentator was Sterlo and he was the one who had reason to be biased towards the Eels.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:Ceccin is the lead ref

Makes sense.
Agree- Cecchin and Cummins are the two best. Klown is in the video studio, but fortunately not as the lead operator.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:
tugga wrote:NRL360 was putrid in the bias last night.
Tugga it is funny you should say that about Sterlo. I was saying to someone earlier that we will have to listen to the Sharks cheersquad commentate on Sunday. I mentioned 2009 to them and said it was like listening to the Eels cheersquad commentate. And the least biased commentator was Sterlo and he was the one who had reason to be biased towards the Eels.
It's funny. I like Sterlo. I don't have a problem with him as he tends to back up what he says with reasons.
Idiots like Warren Smith are just cheerleaders.
I don't mind Gus Gould either,but he has been painful for several months now completely disregarding anything we do well and always talking up our opposition.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

"I just think everything is pointing to a Cronulla win."
No point turning up people. Mark Geyer has labelled it a forgone conclusion.
Everything pointing to the sharks. The fact that we beat sharks by 20 a few weeks back or the fact we have conceded a mere 28 points in the last 3 weeks against our fellow top 4 place-getters aren't 'things'.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw a comment attributed to MG GF is about destiny therefore Cronulla will win.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:
"I just think everything is pointing to a Cronulla win."
No point turning up people. Mark Geyer has labelled it a forgone conclusion.
Everything pointing to the sharks. The fact that we beat sharks by 20 a few weeks back or the fact we have conceded a mere 28 points in the last 3 weeks against our fellow top 4 place-getters aren't 'things'.
all the blood must have rushed to mark geyer's penis out of his head when the guy on the Sports Bet ad says "Love ya big fella".... ::) :lol:

clearly he's having trouble putting together lucid rational thoughts....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wouldn't mind them tipping against us if their reasoning for doing so was substantive. But things like Sharks have a 'sense of occasion' (Gould) or 'it's destiny' (Geyer) are not proper reasons and should not be used unless you're a supporter of the team (I know they're for this week).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm section 142-13 Row 13 Seats 46-49 if anyone is nearby