Queensland Cup 2016

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did Shem end up playing QCup? If so, how did he go?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He did

EASTS tigers drew with the Capras 24all

It was a bit rocks and diamonds really...first half he made a whole heap of tackles a couple in a row and got close to the line like 3 times but then when he got tackled close to their try line he dropped the ball leading to a try

Second half he literally ran over 2 Capras players but was a bit quieter

I found he was a bit like Richie Kenner and young Tonamapia was when they started out ...playing wing but trying to do more then needed and never actually staying on the wing which I guess can be good and bad

More training learning plays ect I'm sure he will be fine ....check the Tigers Facebook they have a replay u can watch
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons 26 (Tries: Ryley Jacks 2, Curtis Scott, Alex Bishop, Tony Tumusa, Troy Giess Goals: Tony Tumusa) defeated Norths Devils 12
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Okay maybe Tumusa isn't the next kicker in line for the Storm.... Appears to have gone 1/6.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Poor Craig ingerbritsen has been trying everyone kicking
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

EASTS Tigers lost today as well :(
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons v Tweed Heads Seagulls is live on Channel Nine Queensland from 1:30pm today. Will be replayed on Fox Sports on Wednesday.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

EASTS play png in PNG
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

From the QRL website :

Falcons won 28-16. Kennar 3 first half tries. Morgan a try. Tumusa and Scott one goal each. Nicholls, Stimson, Gallo and Hampton also played, so 8 Storm players.

Easts lost 38-8 to PNG. Jeremy Hawkins scored a try. Croft played HB. Tualau started, came off after 28 and did not return. Hope he is ok.

Slade Griffin the only Storm player selected for the weekend who did not play. Jake Turpin did not play either , so both backup hookers apparently unavailable .

Justin Olam scored two tries against Easts.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Morgan scored a try? I just read that he had a knee injury and is unavailable until round 21
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If the QRL site is to be believed, he played the full 80, and scored in the 67th minute. Round 21 is next week anyway ! He did not play last week, but was not mentioned on Frank P's weekly injury report - not that that means much !
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Morgan did play. The combination with Kennar was quite effective.

Turpin I think is injured again unfortunately.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Falcons won 48-12 today. Morgan 2 tries, Scott 2, Stimson 2 and Kennar 1. Tumusa 2 goals , Stimson 4 goals. Nicholls and Gallo also played.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Awesome looking scoreline in respect to the future of the club. Although, Kennar & Tumusa are off contract.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons v Central Queensland Capras live tomorrow from 1:30 on Channel Nine Queensland and replayed during the week on Fox Sports.

So that is 4 weeks in a row one of our teams has been on Qld Cup coverage. (Falcons 3 times and Tigers 1).

I missed the first half of one of these games. But here are some thoughts I had on those games for both this year and next year:
Ryan Morgan was magnificent in both attack and defence. Made a number of 20 or 30 metre runs and involved in a number of tries.

Richie Kennar scored a hattrick in one of those games but didn't have to do a lot to score them. He did look relatively solid on the wing.

Joe Stimson is a very solid player in both defence and attack.

Charlie Galo did not look out of place at Qld Cup made a number of good runs and supplied a good offload to help set up one of Kennar's tries. I hope the fact that he is playing Qld Cup is an indication that we plan to sign him in first grade squad next year.

Curtis Scott in the 2nd Falcons game was heavily involved, made a number of good runs and scored a couple of tries. Although he did get sinbinned after getting involved in a fight.

Mark Nicholls was solid enough but I expected him to be a bit more dominant at that level.

Tui Kamikamica was very good in the first game and apparently the week before that ran for 231 metres. In the second game he was a bit quieter and also got sinbinned for the same fight as Scott.

Matt White in Tigers game made a number of good runs but did make a couple of handling errors.

Young Tonumaipea was very good at the back. Jeremy Hawkins showed some promise but was a bit quiet for my liking.

I don't know if it is just me but I think Nafe Seluini and Tommy Butterfield are both better hookers than Slade Griffin. They both have a bit of x factor and do damage by running from dummy half where opportunity arises I am not sure Griffin can do that.

Also Justin Olam scored a try for PNG Hunters today.