Billy Slater's act of kindness wins plaudits across social media

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Not sure if you've seen this in the Southern States, so I thought I'd post it here!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... pxlis.html

Billy Slater's act of kindness wins plaudits across social media

Melbourne Storm star Billy Slater took to Instagram Sunday morning after sharing an impromptu breakfast with two members of Sydney's homeless community.

The injured Slater, 33, who was in Sydney for a television appearance, said that he was out for a morning jog when he felt compelled to go to the supermarket and stock up on fruit, bread and other supplies before sitting down to eat with the pair, who he had run past earlier.

"They were people just like you and me," he said.

"Giving is a powerful thing and I hope this little post inspires others to do something for someone." The picture was met with universal praise on social media.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw this too and just shows the champion he is off the field too.
I know he wasn't looking for praise by announcing it but more to create awareness and creating an example especially for the kids out there.
Good on you Billy!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw this too... Billy's spelling leaves a lot to be desired though.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A champion fullback and a champion human being. And possibly one of the most photogenic smiles in the game *swoons* !!