Round 13 - Melbourne Storm vs. Penrith Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think he would be allowed to play...I would love to see him in purple though
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't see how Cronk plays after seeing his ankle in the pre game and after the way he played. He needs a week or two off. Smith will probably want to back up but I hope Bellamy tells him to stay home.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I agree Coop needs to sit this one out ( though of course it is a source of frustration that Qld takes precedence over Storm).

I would be disappointed if Cam did not play, if he has pulled up ok.

1. We need to aim for top2, and this is a great chance for us to go 2 games clear of 3rd.

2. Penrith are not easy beats. Presumably Moylan and Mansour will back up. Strong team.

3. We have no genuine dummy half. Slade is just back from injury, and needs a few weeks in QRL to regain touch .

4. Missing both Coop and Cam will leave a huge hole.

5. We can give Cam a week off later in the origin period, by which time Hampton should be back ( Frank says he should be back in 2 weeks , when we lose both Cam and Coop ahead of Origin 2) and Griffin in better touch.

6. Tohu would have to play half back and kick goals- asking even more of this young star.

7. I do not expect Eddie Munster to be at 100% after his injury two weeks ago.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

frank ponessi was on SEN this morning said it was more likely cooper will back up rather then Cam...

I believe both will play but it will be crazy seeing them in jerseys with huge numbers rather then 7 and 9
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:I agree Coop needs to sit this one out ( though of course it is a source of frustration that Qld takes precedence over Storm).

I would be disappointed if Cam did not play, if he has pulled up ok.

1. We need to aim for top2, and this is a great chance for us to go 2 games clear of 3rd.

2. Penrith are not easy beats. Presumably Moylan and Mansour will back up. Strong team.

3. We have no genuine dummy half. Slade is just back from injury, and needs a few weeks in QRL to regain touch .

4. Missing both Coop and Cam will leave a huge hole.

5. We can give Cam a week off later in the origin period, by which time Hampton should be back ( Frank says he should be back in 2 weeks , when we lose both Cam and Coop ahead of Origin 2) and Griffin in better touch.

6. Tohu would have to play half back and kick goals- asking even more of this young star.

7. I do not expect Eddie Munster to be at 100% after his injury two weeks ago.
Moylan will still be having nightmares from the bombs Coop sent his way last night.

Storm by 16.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sorry if Cronk and Smith do not play we can not win
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think we've still got the upper hand with our forwards. At the start of the season Cam and Cooper's form was not the best and we still managed to get some wins because of the amazing work our forward pack has done. If we can get our forwards winning the battle up front then it will make things easier for the playmakers. The interesting thing will be to see if they can still dominate without Coops and Cam leading them around and calling the plays. Hopefully Greeny steps up in that regard.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Smith's playing, a question mark over Cooper.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Just remember, Green won MOM for Wigan in an ESL grand final a few years back. Could be interesting to see him given the reins for a day.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Confident that we will get the job done against penriff. I am liking how the team is playing
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was picking up cards for my VRL club and found the boys in the capt run..bellamy said if the boys (cam and coops) didn't train then they wouldn't be picked to play
Cooper walked out run up and down the sidelines twice then stopped
Cam walked out stood around for 5 minutes then came to the sideline then cam cooper and Billy who turned up with his wife and kids stood and watched the boys train...to be honest I left after an hour so I don't know if they joined in at the end so can't say officially they aren't playing but it is looking like they won't play
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also T was training at HB so that's kinda cool
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Game day..... Looks like nathan cleary will be making his debut for the panthers
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fine for one game I guess but I wish we had a better plan than putting Tohu into the halves.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Fine for one game I guess but I wish we had a better plan than putting Tohu into the halves.
I agree Blazza, in the last couple of years we have had at least some depth in the halves with Cody Walker and Shaun Nona, who both had previous experience in Qld Cup. Both of who I would have been happy to play NRL if Cronk or Green were injured. This year we have Drinkwater and Croft, who at this stage may be too raw for the NRL.