Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Widely reported that Slater's re-signing is near complete and an official announcement is imminent. Speculation is that the delay was over the length of the contract with the club wanting one year, Billy wanting two.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great...we keep a 30 year old injury prone guy (yes we all love him...but is that enough) over Mahe Hinchy Kurt and possibly a few other I've heard are leaving
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Great...we keep a 30 year old injury prone guy (yes we all love him...but is that enough) over Mahe Hinchy Kurt and possibly a few other I've heard are leaving
Mahe is a fringe player at best and would struggle to be a permanent fixture....Bellamy would have kept him if he was integral

Hinchy has a pay day coming as his best is behind him

Some would say Kurt's best posting was fullback or 5/8 and he may struggle to get a look in for these positions plus Drag Queens gave him an offer too good to refuse.

Weston would struggle as very fringe player.

Storm have kept the right guys IMHO and will no doubt have an eye on a much better Centre
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If you look who is left off contract, outside on Nona and Suli I don't really care about the rest. All would be cheap so I don't think they'll really affect Slater's deal anyway.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is Mahe's deal officially announced anywhere?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nope...hull haven't said anything neither has storm
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So is there a chance it's just a rumour?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just heard on NRL 360 that Melbourne have approached Moses Mbye (Bulldogs) about joining them from 2017.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Storm Spirit - you are 100% spot on in your assessment.
Slaters deal has nothing to do with players leaving, of our big 3 his contract has the largest percent of TPA and NRL TPA covering it.
Hinchy is getting the pay day he deserves but was never going to get here plus he stated he was going to get an extra year in SL than what we would offer him.

If Mahe can get a good deal than frankly I wish him the best in SL, he's only in the side at the moment because of injuries to others and will excel over there but will always be a fringe first grader.

Munster has shown he is our number one after Slater meaning Mann does not have a spot in our team as he cannot tackle and is too small for centre. He has talent but frankly I don't know where he is going to play at Dragons unless the rumours of Widdop leaving for SL are true and he slots in at 5/8.

Suli, Nona, Welch all likely to get deals.
Hunt maybe?
Robinson will go, TLL can go, Weston is gone and frankly if SL deals were presented for Young and Richie they might be better off taking them as they too will struggle to be first grade players

Centre and wing positions need strong, agile, mobile and tall players going forward and we need to recruit or continue to develop players of that mould I.e Suli.

If we somehow got MBye I'd be staggered but kudos to recruiting staff for trying.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

All the best Mahe...no matter what anyone says you have been an absolute pioneer for Victorian RL and for that reason alone you will have your place in history within the Melbourne Storm family & club. ALL the best to you & your family, your future & your development as a player - you deserve the best because you have put your heart on your sleeve to represent Melbourne Storm! Love ya & hope you kill it over there! I'm sure you will & if you return having grown as a player and person no-one can take that away from you! kia kaha, kia Manawa!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree Chip....speaking to a few of the boys today at the Wolves (my VRL team) telling them about Mahe a few of them have said it is making them more determined to make Either vic squads or the Storm in general so look out for a few they are on their way thanks to Mahe young and Richie
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Should we consider going after Chase Stanley as our other centre? If great when fit and seems to be just languishing in NSW Cup with J.Morris and Lafai ahead of him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I doubt he would want too
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still think Dale Copley should be our main focus.