Jake Johan u18s captain

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Newly-appointed Melbourne Storm under-18 captain Jake Johan has moved to Melbourne from Alice Springs.

CENTRALIAN sensation Jake Johan was named player of the carnival for the Combined Affiliated States team after the completion of the Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League National Championships in Wollongong on Friday.

Despite losing all three games against rugby league powerhouses ACT, New South Wales Institute of Sport and again the ACT in the last game, the Centralian stood up yet again.

“I thought I had a successful carnival all around and now I know what I need to work on to get better,” Johan said.

The Blues were way too good against CAS in game two, winning 38-4, while the final game was an improvement in a 26-10 loss.

Johan said the standard of all the teams was extremely high, an indication that this tournament is a pathway for the players to become elite.

“Going into the carnival we thought we had a very good draw to go all the way against the strong teams,” Johan said.

“The standard was very good this year by all the teams. The coaches definitely picked the right players for each team.”

Johan was joined by fellow Territorians in the CAS team with Palmerston Raiders’ Rein Moyle, Abel Shirley (Nightcliff Dragons), Brothers player Blake Fletcher and his teammate Nic Edwards.

“The Darwin boys really stepped up and had a successful carnival and would have learnt heaps from just playing in that standard,” he said

Johan’s most recent match for the Titans, who play in the NRL Victoria First Grade competition, was in round nine where he scored a try in the Titans’ 56-18 win against Sunbury Titans on June 20.

There is no rush for Johan (pictured) to resume in first grade because time is on his side, but if the opportunity presents itself again, he would gladly take it with open arms. “I’m hoping the next thing for me is to get a 20s game soon,” Johan said.

“But if it’s not then I’m still learning and trying to put on more weight, so there is no rush at the moment.”

New South Wales Combined High School went on to win the championships with a 24-18 win against NSW Combined Catholic College.

http://m.ntnews.com.au/sport/nrl/centra ... 7440637672
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Been chatting to him on twitter...My team play his team the Wolves play his team the titans on Saturday...he isn't playing but running the water...he said to come say hi if I see him so I plan to meet this future storm player
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunbury Titans? Bloody hell. The NT news got it wrong didn't they?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunbury Tigers / South east Titans ... Close :(
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Seems like a real nice young lad
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I met him the other day cause he was playing for the Titans not running the water like he said...nice guy and very talented...bloody won the game for the titans putting two guys through for try's final score was 36-26 titans beating my wolves ;(