McKinnon could Sue

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And the big boss of rugby league in Australia is saying what everybody is thinking;

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/state- ... i8il3.html
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I saw on the ninemsn league site that they are now reporting that Cam has "backed out " of the interview with foxsports. More fodder for the idiots.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I heard his doing sterlo on weds
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattstormy wrote:I used to admire Alex last year, but not anymore. The greed, lies and hypocrisy in this whole saga is just making me more and more angry and to then hang a future immortal in Cam Smith out to dry is just inexcusable. It is very sad what happened to Alex, but this is no different to any workplace injury and there have been others in his position before.

This is a guy who has received millions more in funds for his injury compared to others in similar or the same situation who have received Jack Squat. He might not be able to walk again, but he's got it pretty good (an amazing girlfriend who has stuck by him, a job for life by the Knights and the NRL, Rise For Alex fund, book deals and paid TV interviews to sell his story). Now he wants to sue the game. It comes a point where enough is enough.

I'm glad the NRL and numerous others in the media have backed Cam up in this because he simply did not deserve to be treated like this.
As said above, this is no different to any workplace injury and there have been others in his position before.
Read the plight of this poor bloke from the local rugby competition,Maciu (Matty) Vosa, https://www.melbournerebels.com.au/comm ... -challenge. He may receive funds through fund raising but will never receive the dollars and employment opportunities as have been afforded to Alex.

Can anyone tell me, is this not a workplace accident and therefore will not his medical bills covered.

If this happens to me whilst playing sport what do i get?
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's an article in the paper today about his deferred response. Apparently there's a 3 month email chain where contact was attempted. Not really looking good for the McKinnon family and 60 minutes is it?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:Why should Cammy do anything for the idiots at 9. They can`t crucify him one week and then expect Cammy to give them the time of day. I think Cammy is just happy to share his 300th game with his team mates, family and supporters. We really appreciate and love Cammy .

So 9 F..k OFF.
Unfortunately nine pay massive coin for tv rights and that includes access to the highest profile players for interviews etc.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm still trying to work out how McKinnon saw the footage for the first time on 60 minutes but was able to talk about it in his book. Which one is it ?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nr ... 95dcf0b4e7

Bourbon Beccy tees off at 60 minutes. I find myself being in total agreement with everything she has written... which is VERY unusual!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:Bourbon Beccy tees off at 60 minutes. I find myself being in total agreement with everything she has written... which is VERY unusual!
I read that this morning. Still recovering from shock.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really want to see this email trail. I am pretty sure Matt Gidley the Knights CEO was on record earlier this week as saying that to the best of his knowledge no contact had been made by Smith or Storm.

Sure we had a CEO that lied to all and sundry from 2005 to 2010 but if there's any truth to this then Gidley should resign in disgrace or Dave Smith should have him replaced. Imagine lying about this to make yourself look good.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

VERY interesting comment by Roy Masters on Offsiders regarding Melbourne trying to make contact and being rebuffed.

2 weeks later when the Titans came to play Storm there were Titans players who were allowed to see Alex while Melbourne were constantly shut out.

Didn't know that at all. It just gets worse for 60 Minutes and Alex McKinnon.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hmmmm intresting
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Roy said something along the lines of "when Titans players were given the okay to see Alex that's when the Storm knew they were shut out."
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Courier Mail is now reporting that the issue between Cam and Mckinnon will be handled privately.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/came ... 7439081103
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good. Hopefully stays that way. Best option for Cam in my opinion.