McKinnon could Sue

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Mate, I don't think its too extreme talking to Cam's mum in the paper.

What mother would not stick up for her son. Maybe her publically talkinh about how this blatant smear campaign has affected HER family.
Yeah, fair enough but it just seems a bit sleazy that they'd go chasing up Cam's mum for a comment.

Just saw Fox Sport's unedited footage from the one camera without cuts. Cam's watching McKinnon being stretchered off when the referee comes to him to discuss what happened. Cam doesn't go to the referee. So he initially wants to argue (not even sure argue is the right word), backs off while McKinnon is being tended to, watches him stretchered from the field and then makes his opinion clear once the referee approaches him. Where's the eight minute argument?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/video/id-Ri ... h-exchange
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It occurred to me that Cam is absolutely in a non-win situation. Whatever and whenever he talks, will not change anybody's opinion about him. Those think him a grub before, will not change their minds and come up with negativity and we who know and admire him will still admire him for what he has done for our team.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I used to admire Alex last year, but not anymore. The greed, lies and hypocrisy in this whole saga is just making me more and more angry and to then hang a future immortal in Cam Smith out to dry is just inexcusable. It is very sad what happened to Alex, but this is no different to any workplace injury and there have been others in his position before.

This is a guy who has received millions more in funds for his injury compared to others in similar or the same situation who have received Jack Squat. He might not be able to walk again, but he's got it pretty good (an amazing girlfriend who has stuck by him, a job for life by the Knights and the NRL, Rise For Alex fund, book deals and paid TV interviews to sell his story). Now he wants to sue the game. It comes a point where enough is enough.

I'm glad the NRL and numerous others in the media have backed Cam up in this because he simply did not deserve to be treated like this.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Beau Scott just put Cam past the horizontal and then Merrin does the same to Parker. After all that's gone on this week apparently lliftig tackles are acceptable.

Merrin automatic 3 weeks for putting Parker in a position worse than McLean got McKinnon sounds about right!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Beau Scott is a disgrace. ..... part of me wants someone to knock his head off - but I think putting fifty on this mob of grubs would be even better
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cam didn't use his Origin shield acceptance speech to apologise to Alex McKinnon! Disgusting!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh, wait... you're joking. ;-p
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Cam didn't use his Origin shield acceptance speech to apologise to Alex McKinnon! Disgusting!
Honestly, wouldn't be shocked to see the Daily Telegraph run this on the back page tomorrow.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

People need to realise no one is against Smith after what happened on 60 Minutes. That includes people in NSW.

In fact, if anything people have shown support for him - not just his family. NSW players apparently texted him before the game telling him they respected him.

It's 60 Minutes who are under the most scrutiny now - they've not only had people questioning their ethics in journalism for showing edited footage and not offering a right of reply (I'm a journalist myself - journalism 101) but have also cost their network dearly with Smith allegedly avoiding Lockyer for a half-time interview and not speaking to any of the network's sports journalists.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

True to his word Cam snubbed Nine... and Darren Lockyer!

Must say that I'm a little disappointed that Locky even attempted to get him at half time. The bloke is my favorite player ever and I have nothing but the utmost respect for him and I know he was just doing his job but surely as a mate he should never have even attempted to interview Cam knowing he felt how he did.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Riders of the storm you haven't spent much time on social media this week, there has been plenty of vitriol towards Cam. Worse outcome as a result of 60 Minutes though there has been people digging up dirt and criticising McKinnon, which in the situation shouldn't be the case.

Channel Nine need to do something to mend relationship with him quick smart considering he is due to play 300th game next Friday in what will be something like only our third Channel Nine game of season.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why should Cammy do anything for the idiots at 9. They can`t crucify him one week and then expect Cammy to give them the time of day. I think Cammy is just happy to share his 300th game with his team mates, family and supporters. We really appreciate and love Cammy .

So 9 F..k OFF.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair point Stormy. I was just thinking it would be nice if they did interview with him and played it either before game or at half time to celebrate the milestone.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron is going to do one on one interview with Sterlo on Fox Sports. Thought he may do interview with Fox Sports considering that is where he has a contract.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Cameron is going to do one on one interview with Sterlo on Fox Sports. Thought he may do interview with Fox Sports considering that is where he has a contract.
not any more he ain't...

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/ ... ntroversy/