Round 15 - Storm vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

JimmyThunder wrote:Another player on the the move due to the squeeze in the cap off to the UK
I assume you are talking about hinchcliffe? Not happening now because we couldn't land Paul Carter.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He could be talking about Cronk. There is stories every where on social media that he has signed with an English club.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cronk's under contract for next year
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know Cronk has a contract, but contract can be broken. Happens all the time. Social media has been talking about for about a week now.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:
JimmyThunder wrote:Another player on the the move due to the squeeze in the cap off to the UK
I assume you are talking about hinchcliffe? Not happening now because we couldn't land Paul Carter.
Now he would have been a great pick up... I hadn't heard that rumour, what happened here?
Kya
Squall
Squall

FMD - for the love of God, please tell me where not continuing the dribble about Cronk to Super League.
Oh but since it is on social media in particular on Super League gossip accounts similar to the Lurker or the mole - than it must be true!

The club actually plans the salary cap on more than the present year or even just the next year. Players price ranges are put into consideration based on potential and standing in the club and in the game.

In the case of Mann, he is getting well overs to leave and we aren't prepared to match it, but why suddenly that means people jump to the random conclusion that Munster is leaving just baffles me.

Munster is contracted and not going anywhere, common sense would suggest that the continual prevalence of Slaters injuries actually increase his ability to play first grade and that is why he is signed and committed to the club.
Yes contracts can be broken but the club must agree and its not often we release young players just for the sake of it.

Jimmy Thunder - please do us all a favour and put a name to your rumour.

In relation to Cronk, it just defies logic that people believe that he would give up Origin and Australian duties to play in Super League especially if anyone EVER heard him speak of his passion for those honours.

Aside from the fact that he has publicly stated that once you sign a contract, that you honour your word. He has stated that he wants to be a one club player, that he wants to play for Qld and Aus as long as possible and ON TOP of all that, this is a guy whose entire career has accepted unders to stay at the club.

It was only at end of 2013/2014 that his deal was upgraded by the club and with aid of 3rd party deals that he began to be paid somewhat close to his market worth and realistically is still paid well under what some clubs would pay for him.
And that well deserved upgrade came on the back of a premiership, CC medal and a Dally M within an 18th month period.

If he goes than I will apologise but of all our players at our club and in its history, I don't think his character or word could or should ever be questioned when it comes to loyalty or honouring a contract.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well said
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kya wrote:FMD - for the love of God, please tell me where not continuing the dribble about Cronk to Super League.
Oh but since it is on social media in particular on Super League gossip accounts similar to the Lurker or the mole - than it must be true!

The club actually plans the salary cap on more than the present year or even just the next year. Players price ranges are put into consideration based on potential and standing in the club and in the game.

In the case of Mann, he is getting well overs to leave and we aren't prepared to match it, but why suddenly that means people jump to the random conclusion that Munster is leaving just baffles me.

Munster is contracted and not going anywhere, common sense would suggest that the continual prevalence of Slaters injuries actually increase his ability to play first grade and that is why he is signed and committed to the club.
Yes contracts can be broken but the club must agree and its not often we release young players just for the sake of it.

Jimmy Thunder - please do us all a favour and put a name to your rumour.

In relation to Cronk, it just defies logic that people believe that he would give up Origin and Australian duties to play in Super League especially if anyone EVER heard him speak of his passion for those honours.

Aside from the fact that he has publicly stated that once you sign a contract, that you honour your word. He has stated that he wants to be a one club player, that he wants to play for Qld and Aus as long as possible and ON TOP of all that, this is a guy whose entire career has accepted unders to stay at the club.

It was only at end of 2013/2014 that his deal was upgraded by the club and with aid of 3rd party deals that he began to be paid somewhat close to his market worth and realistically is still paid well under what some clubs would pay for him.
And that well deserved upgrade came on the back of a premiership, CC medal and a Dally M within an 18th month period.

If he goes than I will apologise but of all our players at our club and in its history, I don't think his character or word could or should ever be questioned when it comes to loyalty or honouring a contract.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
JimmyThunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

It ain't no rumour it's a fact.
Let's put things straight here just cause a club says they are contracted for next year dose not mean a whole lot.

Most contract these days have a player option were its the players choice if they would like to take up the final year of there contract.

The Mauritian on the money 3years hudsfield
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
The Mauritian wrote:
Now he would have been a great pick up... I hadn't heard that rumour, what happened here?

Carter just chose souths instead. Hinchy needs a payday. He stayed here for unders. Storm want to keep him now, but he might still leave.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Jimmy thunder, I wasn't attacking you, I was in fact asking a question as you only wrote one line without any further info!
I'm aware of contracts and get out clauses but when u leave an ambigious statement than I think it's a fair that people will question to whom you were referring.

My rant about Cronk and Munster is out of annoyance with the gullibility of people believing everything on social media as fact.
To be perfectly honest, I am aware of Munsters commitment to the club because of a connection to a person related to him and as such I'm inclined to dismiss the dribble about his contract.
More so, there has been increasing reports about Cronk in much the same way as last year and it HAS ALL been fuelled by SL fans and two main social media accounts that are equivalent to the same crap dished out by sportal and rugby league week.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kya, the reason I thought JimmyThunder may have been talking about Munster was the previous two posts were about Munster and he says another player on the move. I thought that may be it's relevance to this thread. I think that's a reasonable assumption to make given the previous two posts (notwithstanding his current contract status).

Otherwise I thought it may be in signing thread. There is no way I would have linked Hinchy to that comment.

I did also ask JimmyThunder if he was talking about someone else.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Sorry Scooter, I probably went off a bit but I wasn't necessary directing it at any one person on this board.
Just the last few weeks on Twitter, Facebook etc there has just been a deluge of hysteria over Munster, Cronk and pretty much any player that is in our team leaving without any substance. I omit Mann because he was always likely to go and was being persued since last year, so I was resigned to losing him.

I was asking Jimmy Thunder purely because it was another rumour or fact or whatever, that had been thrown in the mix and I was also trying to clarify who he meant as I read it the same way you did.
So no dramas!

Also apologies to all that the threads keep deviating away from topic but there is no point responding to posts elsewhere.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No sweat Kya.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

JimmyThunder wrote:It ain't no rumour it's a fact.
Let's put things straight here just cause a club says they are contracted for next year dose not mean a whole lot.

Most contract these days have a player option were its the players choice if they would like to take up the final year of there contract.

The Mauritian on the money 3years hudsfield
Jimmy, how about in future you put up or shut up?
If you are going to put rumours out there then do it with good grace and name names, not baiting your fellow Storm supporters. That's the sort of bullshit I expect on League Unlimited or from the Mole.
And if you can't name names because you're "in tight with the Storm boys" and it would be betraying a trust, then you shouldn't be spreading f*ckin' rumours at all.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately