Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TBH I don't mind it. Mann or Munster don't really excite me and I'm sure there'll be good young fullbacks come through in the next few years.
GoogleD
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Come on guys. I can't really believe what I am reading from some faithful online here, wanting to keep Mann or Munster to sacrifice Billy. This is some really hard detail to get my head around.
Billy is an absolute club champion, and will be in our top echelon of players for however long the club exists. There was a story on how well he he pre season trained and I have no doubt he wouldn't sign for longer than he thinks he could go. If we have to sacrifice two up and comers who 'could' be Billy's replacement, well so be it - I would be along the line of thinking to even sacrifice further to keep him. The work he has done for the club is outstanding and he is far from finished - still playing Origin, and will be first picked for Aus again! Sheens has quoted.
Some stuff on here I agree with 100%, but if people start going down the get rid of billy, or let's not re sign billy to keep two youngsters well that will do me! And by saying this, massive fans of both players in mention but until they play for the club for over 12 years and probably help us win a season worth of games like billy has - my opinion won't change.
Rant over.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

At some point the clubs going to have to move on from the big 3 era. From a football pov, I'd like to see Bill go through the entire season healthy before I even thought about offering him a multi year extension. From a money pov, I hope the club and he realise he isn't the player he was and would take less so we can keep a few youngsters around.

As for those youngsters - Mann is good enough now, to find a spot in our 17 for him. Unless we undervalue him, he'll be here for awhile. And Munster is signed until 2017, so there is no worries there.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:
Michael :P wrote:Latrell Robinson, 17 year old brother of Reece & Travis has signed for 2 years.

Hopefully he doesn't try to choke Craig.
Also Justin Morgan is on the shortlist to become assistant coach.

Would be a great get.
Sallymay above is a reference on this thread that Latrell is Travis and Reece's brother from Sept 2013. (It is on first page of this thread).
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... th_st.html

Jordie Re Signs till 2017 not surprised considering his GF is pregnant and storm sticking by him
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesse B, Finucane, KP, Tohu and now Jordy all young and all locked in to at least 2017. With guys like NAS and Welch coming through, our forward stocks are pretty good.

Now all we gotta do is find another half and some decent outside backs and the future will look ok post Bellamy/big 3.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh, McLean is a good boy!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wasn't sure where to put this but Pride Pattison Ropati has left the knights due to personal reason and coming back to Melbourne...reckon we could sign him..he was still with the knights 20s so could still play for the Tboltz
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:wasn't sure where to put this but Pride Pattison Ropati has left the knights due to personal reason and coming back to Melbourne...reckon we could sign him..he was still with the knights 20s so could still play for the Tboltz
Quick google search sent me to a post in a Knights forum (posted 22/2);
Bloke at the other Knights forum said he's been given a lot of time off to go home to Melbourne for a friend's funeral.
But...there is also this;

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/team ... obati.html

...and, Sally is usually right :)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHowe I assume your link went to PPR's profile on Knights website. That page no longer exists. Refer to article on Knights website.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news ... i_dep.html
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:so the rumour is Billy is re signing for 3 years pushing Duffie and Mann out...Franks gone crackers

sacrificing Mann to keep Billy who is 31 and has bad knees sigh

I want to be happy about this cause I love billy but it also just makes me angry and pisses me off

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/billy-sla ... orm-16337/
I'd take Billy over Mann everyday of the week. Think how good Billy was when he was 18. Munster and Mann are not even close to that standard. I think they both will become good players , but not stars.
With his full pre season I think Bill will have a cracking year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater wasn't even a member of the Storm when he was 18 so I don't know what that has to do with anything.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Slater wasn't even a member of the Storm when he was 18 so I don't know what that has to do with anything.
Sorry 19. And what I'm saying is these two players haven't shown me anything to say, that in the next 3 years they will play as well as Slater will.(even in his early thirties). Thus good move to re sign billy and lose Mann.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just heard Blake Green on RSN Sports Radio and he said that the Storm first contacted his manager in 2013 for 2014 season. However, Wigan wouldn't release him from the last year of his contract.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well that lucky for him he dIdnt leave cause he won the super league that year