Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Nona just missed a kick right if front.

Missed second kick from out wide.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

on the flip side of that, both of the pride's tries have come off nona's kicks
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good point, but we need a good goal kicker, have for a while.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Shaun 'has it all' Nona. We're getting a beauty. Now don't treat him like Walker was treated.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

how good was his one on one strip for the third try?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well, they've given the goal kicking to someone else
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

pride now leading 30-28 (kick to come) with 8.30 remaining...
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looks like a good player we can get excited about him, just not his goal kicking!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's a much better goal kicker than what he showed today.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he was unlucky not to be best on ground I thought, yes bowen scored three tries, but two of them wouldn't have happened without nona.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

let's hope he gets the opportunity to express himself and isn't held back by the Storm 'structure'. Then again, he may shine because of it....
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it will work for him, pride seem to play structured footy too.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Antonio kafusi is returning to Australia and says he might be returning to one of his old clubs that's either storm cowboys or knights...im assuming its proberly knights but would be kool having 2 sets of brothers at the club
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KAUFUSI RETURNS TO AUSTRALIA

Huddersfield Giants former Australian International prop forward Antonio Kaufusi will leave the club in mid October and return home to Australia. The 29 year old played 18 games in the 2014 season and spent time during the year on loan to Bradford.

Antonio Kaufusi commented: “I have enjoyed my time in the UK but we have decided as a family to return home. I know I had next year at the Giants but an opportunity has appeared back home for us at an old club which we want to pursue at this stage. I would like to thank all my coaches and team mates for a most enjoyable year and the supporters too who have been great to me and my family. I leave the club in great shape and look forward to watching their development and in particular the younger props at Huddersfield who I think have a great future in game if they keep working hard. “

Giants Managing Director Richard Thewlis commented: “Antonio has been a super professional at the club and someone who the younger lads do look up to. His decision to move back home is a disappointment in many ways but he is looking to the future and he has a great long term opportunity for employment to pursue which may not be there if he remained in the UK for another season. He leaves with our very best wishes and thanks for his time with the claret and gold. In terms of our squad Antonio is right to point out that we have a number of highly talented younger players in the prop forward position and we have of course welcomed Craig Huby to to the club. The younger lads I am sure will now see their path to the starting seventeen in a slightly different light and the competition in there during the vital off season period will, I am sure, be fierce
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So, Cowboys or Knights?

Anyone watch the UK league? Can he still go? I get the impression from some he wasn't that great even when he was here......i liked him - and he can't be any worse than G.Rose....and he knows the expectations.....Bring him home! :) And get Lima while you're over there!! :)