Round 26 Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

shouldn't even be in this position. The Knights game where we were cheated out of it should have ensured we play finals.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:shouldn't even be in this position. The Knights game where we were cheated out of it should have ensured we play finals.
don`t forget the titans game when they got a penalty for a strip when bird dropped the ball cold. penalty goal right on siren..thankyou klown..
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

We need warriors and manly to win this week and assuming we win we secure 4th spot, manly good chance of beating cowboys and warriors well you know what their like they can beat anyone on their day so fingers crossed manly and warriors win and we beat Brisbane!!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Saw the Sharks got so close. Hopefully Manly can go that step further
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Thaiday is successful in his fight to downgrade his charge then you can forget the NRL's stamp down on crusher tackles.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:If Thaiday is successful in his fight to downgrade his charge then you can forget the NRL's stamp down on crusher tackles.
The Broncos have to fight it. Their season is on the line and they need every top line player available to them, so I can appreciate that.

But the judiciary have to rule him out as well. We have seen a bunch of these crusher tackles that are pure accidents. But in the name of consistency (not a word the judiciary are familiar with, granted), they have to suspend him.

Crushers have been treated like careless high tackles. No malice. No intent. But you just can't get yourself in those situations when tackling a player.

Personally I don't think he should be suspended nor do I think a bunch of other people should have been suspended this year due to crushers... but they can't change the rules now just because it's finals time and the Broncos "really need him".
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is going to fight it. I almost positive he will get off. It is the Broncos and the NRL and Channel nine want the Broncos in the finals, always do.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Are we actually going to be put in a position where we are going to be cheering for manly and the warriors to win........ OMG I think I just vomited out of my anus.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The last time we won a penalty count was Round 15 against the Eels where we won the count 8-7.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We will not win the penalty count on Friday night either. The Broncos never loose the penalty count makes no difference if they are play away or at home, just like us.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have Maxwell again.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:We have Maxwell again.
Better than Hayne or Klein.

I know a few people here don't like him but I like Badger.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Slater
2. Waqa
3. Chambers
4. Fonua
5. Koroibete
6. Roberts
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Proctor
12. Hoffman
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Glasby
15. Harris
16. Weston
17. McLean
18. Moors
19. O'Neill

Same team named as last week. Bellamy confirmed earlier in the week that no players are under an injury cloud and Kenny's elbow is all good for this week (if picked).

Should expect changes again this week ahead of kick-off.

Possibly Kenny, Junior and Juz in for Weston, Glasby and Sisa. Likely just Kenny for Weston.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sam Thaiday has been found guilty by the judiciary and will miss Friday night's game v Storm.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can not believe he did not get off. Do they know he plays for the Broncos and origin is over.
Last edited by glennb on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.