Round 25 - Roosters vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

To me it looked like we were playing well within ourselves in attack. both because of the wet weather and also maybe not wanting to overplay our hand against a team we may well have to verse in the finals.

Obviously its frustrating to lose but this was one of the few games we played well to lose. Although they scored 4 trys it was 2 directly off kicks, one directly off an error and one where the corner post got in the way. Considering the hype around their forward pack they hardly dominated us at all.

We showed we can compete with the best and I'm quietly confident that we will find another gear when we need to
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I saw a team who played awesome considering the 2 short turnarounds against top teams...and I saw a tired team who uncharacteristically made errors and ran out of steam in the last 15 - that won the Roosters the game not because of their superiority. Here's hoping they pick themselves up and are refreshed going into the game against the Broncos.
And the other results go our way :)
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'm sorry but I don't buy this, if we play the roosters again on a dry track then we win. They only completed 65% of their sets and made substantially more errors than us. On a dry try track they would have won by plenty. Yes, it was a gallant effort, we just seemed to lack a bit of quality at the end our attacking plays. I hate to say it, but Friday night could be a very nervous 80 minutes, let's hope the boys can lift for our last regular home game.
storm77
Squall
Squall

We are 5-2 in our last 7 with both loses on the 5 day TO.
You know what boggles my mind.
This league promotes itself as being so tough, so hard, with such a grueling season and yet here we are playing back to back games on the road with a five day TO in R25.
5 day TO shouldn't exist for anyone but they are particularly difficult on the non-sydney based teams. Then again the NRL doesn't give a damn about them or a fair competition.
In truth though the NRLPA has to take a lot of the blame. They are gutless and the NRL knows it.
For all the talk of how the NRL doesn't care about player welfare it is really on the NRLPA to stand up and do something about it.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

storm77 wrote:We are 5-2 in our last 7 with both loses on the 5 day TO.
You know what boggles my mind.
This league promotes itself as being so tough, so hard, with such a grueling season and yet here we are playing back to back games on the road with a five day TO in R25.
5 day TO shouldn't exist for anyone but they are particularly difficult on the non-sydney based teams. Then again the NRL doesn't give a damn about them or a fair competition.
In truth though the NRLPA has to take a lot of the blame. They are gutless and the NRL knows it.
For all the talk of how the NRL doesn't care about player welfare it is really on the NRLPA to stand up and do something about it.
This
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormy77 I agree with everything you said. But it also has to do with the games Channel nine want to show. The NRL should just say no to them, player welfare is more important. I know they paid for the rights. But channel seven paid a lot more for the AFL rights and channel seven would not be allowed to say who plays when. The NRL needs a backbone to put it nicely.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Channel 9 are only doing what the NRL have allowed them to do and the only reason why channel 7 don't have anywhere near as much power is because the AFL never let them get away with it when the rights were agreed to. The NRL were obviously desperate to get as much as they could understandably especially given the AFL hit the jackpot but in doing that they gave away far too much power to the network/s.

Given the rights have been signed sealed and delivered i can't see it changing any time soon unfortunately.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Have to say - if you're watching Souths play these guys at the moment you'd be pretty impressed with what the Storm did.

I think if there's any team that can knock the Roosters off their perch it's probably our guys.

Going into the end of the season under the radar could be a blessing.