Storm D - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know this topic has been flogged like a dead horse for the last couple of years on this forum, but simply put - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! Storm D is the second worst thing to happen to the club since 1998 (we all know what the first is) and it simply has to go. Please Melbourne RLFC, get rid of Storm D forever. Enough said.
sueknott
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

+1
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I do agree, but I did notice last night the when the ground announcer called for Storm D the cheerleaders did not get up. They must not have to do that now. Or it was too cold!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:I know this topic has been flogged like a dead horse for the last couple of years on this forum, but simply put - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! Storm D is the second worst thing to happen to the club since 1998 (we all know what the first is) and it simply has to go. Please Melbourne RLFC, get rid of Storm D forever. Enough said.
I agree...but I heard Jordy Mac say the players liked it...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

The players are told to say they like it.
They actually would not even know it was going on as their minds would be focussed on defending, not some dickwad on the PA.
I hate the Storm D and have made it clear to the club I won't be renewing next year unless it stops.
They said it is going to be reviewed at the end of the season. hopefully they get rid of it, otherwise my quad pass membership is kaput.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:The players are told to say they like it.
They actually would not even know it was going on as their minds would be focussed on defending, not some dickwad on the PA.
I hate the Storm D and have made it clear to the club I won't be renewing next year unless it stops.
They said it is going to be reviewed at the end of the season. hopefully they get rid of it, otherwise my quad pass membership is kaput.
I understand where you are coming from Tugga...but that action hurts the Club more than than Storm D could ever hurt you IMHO...

i would urge you to carefully reconsidered your actions in case Storm D stays...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

I, along with the folks around me at the games agree Storm D is an embarrassment, sounds more like American basketball.
Come on Storm can the stupid thing.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ffs, build a bridge
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote:ffs, build a bridge
+1 I am too busy cheering for my team to worry about announcements.
Ground announcers would`nt put me off buying a membership as my loyalty runs deep and I support the team that is put on the paddock every week.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote:
I understand where you are coming from Tugga...but that action hurts the Club more than than Storm D could ever hurt you IMHO...

i would urge you to carefully reconsidered your actions in case Storm D stays...
Fair point.
I hate it so much, but I guess I should really just get over it as others have suggested.
Rina
Squall
Squall

being told to get louder takes away from the enjoyment of providing support at games for me. We're not idiots, we know to rise when the boys need us :lol: its why we attend rather than sit on the couch at home.

Perhaps if they choose to keep it they can alter it so its less of a process where someone waffles into a mic until the team neutralises the opposition's attack/ the other team scores.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not renewing your membership is going just a bit far lol While i've never been a fan, it actually rarely registers with me these days given i'm more involved in what's going on with the actual game as opposed to the background noise.

Time to put this one to bed for good i reckon, as mentioned it's been done to death and we know everyone's thoughts on it.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If they want to keep Storm D they should just mention it pre-game and during half time and then play the thunder sound effect when the opposition is within our 20 - that's it. That way, the club still feels like they're getting the crowd involved and those who don't like it probably won't be as annoyed by it.

Normally I sit about midway in the eastern stand but this week I sat with friends in the GA area on the south east corner. Have the cheerleaders on the corners always played cowbells during Storm D? I found that pretty annoying - especially since they were slow and barely in time with each other.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:

Fair point.
I hate it so much, but I guess I should really just get over it as others have suggested.
Good onya Tugga.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah - surely it isn't worth ditching the membership......i know the incessant storm D crap is beyond annoying....but it's the boys/coach we're supporting.....not the corporate BS......not the announcers....and certainly not the nrl (though i imagine they take their cut...)

That said, i hope their 'review' deems it necessary that 'storm d' is a blight, and should be treated as such!

edit** as i posted this....i realised that 'corporate' probably includes Frank....so scratch that... i love Frank!! :-D