Proctor or Hoffman

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if he played for a sydney club then he would have played sg ball so moot point
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:if he played for a sydney club then he would have played sg ball so moot point
But that is the point....(isn't it?) - Why didn't we have an SG ball team? To be honest i've been completely ignorant of our juniors/reserves etc until recently.....but if K-Proc was at the Storm and would have played SG ball if it was available...that must count, right? Unless we didn't have a team by choice or something.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thank-you KingHoweofIsrael
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think that we didn't have an sg ball team because we didn't have enough kids on the books up to standard until after we started our nyc side to provide a direct pathway
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not Hoffman it seems!

Melbourne Storm forward Ryan Hoffman joins New Zealand Warriors on $1.6m deal

MELBOURNE’S Ryan Hoffman has signed a massive $1.6m contract with the Warriors - but the deal means the Storm should now retain Kevin Proctor.

Hoffman informed his teammates on Wednesday that he would take up a massive three-year deal with the Auckland-based side from next season.

The deal alleviates a salary cap squeeze at the Storm, who knew they could only retain two of Hoffman, Proctor and young gun Tohu Harris.

Harris, the 22-year-old New Zealand international, announced his re-signing on Wednesday morning, and with money freed up by Hoffman’s exit, Proctor now appears likely to stay at Melbourne under coach Craig Bellamy.

It’s understood St George Illawarra, New Zealand Warriors, Canberra and premiers the Sydney Roosters have all made bids for Proctor’s services from next season

Proctor is expected to make a call on his playing future by Friday, with strong interest from rival clubs placing his market value at around $600,000-a-season.

Melbourne football manager Frank Ponissi said: “Tohu is only in his second year of first grade and has already played some outstanding footy with us, with plenty more to come.”

“He is a player who really lets his action on the field do the talking. His signing is great news for Melbourne Storm for now and for the future.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/melbou ... 6909169058
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn't see them actually letting Hoffman go.

Good decision by the club. As I have said elsewhere, Hoffy is a top bloke and has been a great servant to the Melbourne Storm club but the money on offer at the Warriors is just too good and we would be unwise to match it.

In a similar vein, we should not now throw a truckload at Kevie Proctor now just because we can. There are other re-signings yet to take place and we do not want to lock ourselves in paying overs for the next few years.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good astute business by the Storm.

Hoffman's reaching the twilight of his career and it'd have been unwise for us to have a declining player blocking the way for youngsters such as Harris, Proctor and Kenny from having a starting position.

As yourhero mentioned, this does not mean we become silly and offer Kevvy whatever he's looking for. We still need to prudent with our funds and put a fair price on the table keeping in mind there are a couple of great second-rowers entering their prime (Teo and McQueen) that are coming off contract.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffman deserves the pay day hes getting with the Warriors. I dont doubt that hes been getting less coin that what he could elsewhere to stay with us. Hes been a great clubman I hope he finds his best form with the Warriors.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In moles bit for the rlw he said the Storm were willing to let Proctor go so Hoffman could stay. That right there has me questioning who the hell is running things.
The Storm were keen to keep Hoffman and were prepared to cut tall Kiwi test forward Kevin Proctor loose to do so.
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/hoffman-signs-warriors/

Really frustrated with this team atm.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still can't see Kev staying.

changes to the cap being made and I think Melbourne should get local juniors exempt from the cap for the first, say, five years they are playing first grade to help give inventive to the governing bodies and VRL clubs to develop the game more than they have down here of late.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Congrats to hoffy! If anyone deserves a big pAyday it's him! He has played his ass off for the storm and I would loved to have kept him a one club NRL player but not on that money. Don't get me wrong, he is still a quality player but unfortunately we have young guns who NEED to be re-signed and kept in PURPLE! One down and one to go! Congrats again hoffy
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storma01[b] wrote:Congrats to hoffy! If anyone deserves a big pAyday it's him! He has played his ass off for the storm and I would loved to have kept him a one club NRL player [/b]but not on that money. Don't get me wrong, he is still a quality player but unfortunately we have young guns who NEED to be re-signed and kept in PURPLE! One down and one to go! Congrats again hoffy

+1 Hate the idea of Hoffy playing in any other colours but if anybody deserves a big payday it`s this guy. Best of luck Ryan, you`ve been a wonderful servant of the club .
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:In moles bit for the rlw he said the Storm were willing to let Proctor go so Hoffman could stay. That right there has me questioning who the hell is running things.
The Storm were keen to keep Hoffman and were prepared to cut tall Kiwi test forward Kevin Proctor loose to do so.

If you are taking any notice of the TRole then you need your meds checked - he/she/it is wrong far more often than right
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good...love Hoffy but can't help but be happy
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
blazza18 wrote:In moles bit for the rlw he said the Storm were willing to let Proctor go so Hoffman could stay. That right there has me questioning who the hell is running things.

If you are taking any notice of the TRole then you need your meds checked - he/she/it is wrong far more often than right
Mostly correct, you err only in hinting that the mole has ever been right