Proctor offerred $1.5m by Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crocker actually averaged 86+ metres per game though
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Proctor had alot of skill as a junior, he'd flourish in a high-octane offence like the roosters.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Perhaps a more relevant stat would be possessions or score involvements as he touches the ball without running it himself a lot too
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Perhaps a more relevant stat would be possessions or score involvements as he touches the ball without running it himself a lot too
Receives - 7.7
Runs - 6.3

On average there is one touch, sometimes two, where Proctor receives the ball and doesn't run it. In 2014 I would say that extra touch is almost exclusively the backline play where Cronk passes to Proctor, Proctor turns in and passes to a sweeping Slater. Seems to be the only backline play we have hit smoothly in 2014.

Because that particular backline play stands out it may seem like Proctor does a bit more ball playing than he actually does. I certainly thought Proctor had more touches... Jessie B, Norrie, Hoffman, Hinchcliffe, Kenny B and Tohu all pass the ball more than Proctor.
Last edited by yourhero on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bit hard to talk salary cap about the Roosters based on possibly signing Proctor... they do lose a bloke called Sonny Bill this year that they're looking to replace
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Perhaps a more relevant stat would be possessions or score involvements as he touches the ball without running it himself a lot too
Receives - 7.7
Runs - 6.3

On average there is one touch, sometimes two, where Proctor receives the ball and doesn't run it. In 2014 I would say that extra touch is almost exclusively the backline play where Cronk passes to Proctor, Proctor turns in and passes to a sweeping Slater. Seems to be the only backline play we have hit smoothly in 2014.

Because that particular backline play stands out it may seem like Proctor does a bit more ball playing than he actually does. I certainly thought Proctor had more touches... Jessie B, Norrie, Hoffman, Hinchcliffe, Kenny B and Tohu all pass the ball more than Proctor.
surprised by that stat