Under 20's Thunderbolts...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Looking forward to the report Michael :P
Odd scoreline, hope they can turn things around for their next game. Obviously something is not working well for them in the U20's.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Watched again. Don't understand why we stand so flat in attack. If we want to make Munster a half we should play him at halfback.

Fesolai - Miss easy one on one for first GC try. OK at back.
Kirisome - Strong hit ups own half. Don't know about him and Rennie on defense. Let his opp winger to much room on sideline, Last three tries were all him coming into far.
Rennie - First try good use of strength. Second good step. Good hit ups, often marks up wrong in defense.
Kennar - Only touched the ball once outside of dummy half. No plays run for him. Great get back on the intercept, but we were shot and all they had to do was spread it wide.
Cullen-Minhinnick - Good catch and acceleration for try. Never got passed the ball.
Munster - Attacking kicking to long. Poor tackle 5 options all day.
Torpy - Poor kicking.
Welch - Keeps working all day makes good meters. Dumb decision to challenge GC try.
Brittain - Attacked well when running out of dummy half
Lodge - Ran all day but quality hit ups in second half. Stop going forward when he went off second half
Mohi - Ran out of the line to let second gc try in. Not suited to second runs lack impact. Stood back when offload happened the GC sixth try.
Solomona - Great Defense gets a good hit. Slow marker defense first try. Give early ball. Good try.
Kennedy - Stupid penalties. Poor hands.

Britt - Hurt first carry by a shoulder charge no penalty don't think he came back on.
Vole - Did he get on hard to tell but on talent should be starting over Mohi.
Stimson - Stupid penalty first set after half time, Allowed offload for sixth GC try.
Young - Slow marker defense allows hooker threw to set up third try.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gaiscioch wrote:Looking forward to the report Michael :P
Odd scoreline, hope they can turn things around for their next game. Obviously something is not working well for them in the U20's.
Haha you get much of a report out of me, I'm currently 400km out to sea in the Indian Ocean.

I will say this though something isn't working in our NYC team and it hasn't since Arthur left. Too many players playing out of position and too many much structure.

Teach them to be footballers and don't stick them on one side of the field only. Truthfully if I had a talented 16 year-old I doubt I'd send them to us.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Michael :P wrote:
Gaiscioch wrote:Looking forward to the report Michael :P
I will say this though something isn't working in our NYC team and it hasn't since Arthur left. Too many players playing out of position and too many much structure.
Dean Pay had a good second year to be fair but at that team was built around 6, 7 and 1 all doing some playmaking. But otherwise I agree.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Funny Fizer I thought Britt was hit by a shoulder charge but apparently not. Good summary.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Sorry Michael :P
I thought it was you that was offering a match report, lol.
But it was Fizer, with a superb job at the Match Review, thanks again Fizer, great report!

You would think that their coaching staff would have these boys well drilled, and when I mean drilled, I am expecting the coach to literally have some revolutionary ideas on how to coach these boys. Sholdn't they be caoching better positional play? Sounds to me that players are not making good decisions, that is a big part of training, which is to train players on making better decisions on the field, whether it's positional play or options on passing to tackling and so forth.
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Pride debuted off the bench for the knights tonight. Described as a former Storm player. Rather sad after three years with the Storm. :(
fisheater
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just watched Titans game again. Storm turned over the ball whilst in possession 8 times, of which 7 were on or before the 3rd tackle. Most of them were in our own 35 meters. I thought we lost the tackle too many times and the Titans quick 9s took advantage. I think we would benefit from a cleanup type 13 as we have a big but sometimes immobile middle 3. Billy Brittan does a lot of this work but hard for him to play 80 mins in the middle. We got caught a lot of times on the left edge and I am sure the coaching staff will work on this. I would play Munster at 1 as he would give the halves an option to play out the back to. I think our 1 didn't sweep enough and we are not getting enough numbers to capitalism. Really if we held on to the footy we wold have won by 30, but we never built enough pressure and you will always get beat if you don't control the ball. What is important is to remain positive and have self belief. I am sure the boys will bounce back.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

fisheater wrote:Just watched Titans game again. Storm turned over the ball whilst in possession 8 times, of which 7 were on or before the 3rd tackle. Most of them were in our own 35 meters.
Were the turn-overs unforced errors? Or mostly lost in tackles?
fisheater
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Were the turn-overs unforced errors? Or mostly lost in tackles?[/quote]

Mostly lost in the tackle.
Luther
Squall
Squall

NYC Melbourne Storm v St. George Illawarra Dragons
Monday 14 April, 7pm
AAMI Park

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Junior Kirisome
3. Ellery Tusa
4. Reubenn Rennie
5. Josh Minhinnick
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brayden Torpy
8. Christian Welch (c)
9. Billy Brittain
10. Matt Lodge
11. Joe Stimson
12. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
13. Rhys Kennedy

14. Aaron Teroi
15. Dean Britt
16. Francis Tualau
17. Vincent Rennie
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reubenn and Vincent playing together
Luther
Squall
Squall

Ex-Storm U20 Player Kirisome Auvaa to debut tonight for Souths
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was in our NRL squad for two years he was my fav up and coming player...I'm so happy for him
Luther
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote:He was in our NRL squad for two years he was my fav up and coming player...I'm so happy for him
He's playing awesome at center tonight despite the slippery conditions-scored a great try :)