Billy Needs To Retire From Rep Footy Now

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Over the last couple of years or so it is starting to become obvious that Billy’s durability has taken a hit with his knee injury in last year’s Origin, but now with his latest knee injury at the World Cup it shows now that it is time for Billy to retire from Queensland and Australia and solely focus on playing club football for the Storm (plus he’s got a pretty good replacement in GI for rep games). If he does this now, he won’t risk being forced into a premature retirement and can keep playing for at least another three years instead of retiring when his contract with the Storm expires at the end of 2015.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Definitely is something he should think about.

Although, I'm hoping he doesn't play on past 2015 anyway.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shutup shutup shutup

Billy will play on FOREVER.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

IMHO...Should happen for Bill's sake and Melbourne Storm's Premiership sake...

Reality is...won't ever happen...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:IMHO...Should happen for Bill's sake and Melbourne Storm's Premiership sake...

Reality is...won't ever happen...
Agree,Qweenslanderps are all greedy little pigs who put the maroons jersey above everything else

"If NSW win another (4th) series in a row State of Origin is dead"
Some QLD jerk 2006

"I think state of origin can live forever (as long as we always win cause we're sooks) "
Some QLD jerk 2013
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Agree,Qweenslanderps are all greedy little pigs who put the maroons jersey above everything else
It's called passion. Don't worry, I wouldn't expect a NSW fan/player to understand. Is Jamie Lyon available for comment on this? :)
Cherry_Poppins wrote:"If NSW win another (4th) series in a row State of Origin is dead"
Some QLD jerk 2006

"I think state of origin can live forever (as long as we always win cause we're sooks) "
Some QLD jerk 2013
"I'm an angry dwarf"
Geoff Toovey.

Making up quotes IS fun!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahahahahahahaha. Perfect.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Welcome back Cherry Poopins..how does it feel for your team to lose when it matters...AGAIN! haha watching roosters smack Manly was the highlight of the year.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm actually proud of them and have little against Eastern suburbs, truth be told DCE was the best player on the field but Hayne earnt the CC medal,we made it to the big show on guts

Personally I'm very proud of the team.... atleast we didn't lose to a tier 3 team like Newcastle with the outdated coach who has subpar player

The hurt for me is that most agree that we were the better team but hey....we scored in our 2 last Grand final losses lol
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm pretty sure you guys are a tier 3 team...so its really hard to beat yourself in a game...although I have seen you guys do that alot to. IYou should be really proud of them tbh..they must have really exceeded your expectations...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:I'm actually proud of them and have little against Eastern suburbs, truth be told DCE was the best player on the field but Hayne earnt the CC medal,we made it to the big show on guts

Personally I'm very proud of the team.... atleast we didn't lose to a tier 3 team like Newcastle with the outdated coach who has subpar player

The hurt for me is that most agree that we were the better team but hey....we scored in our 2 last Grand final losses lol
but we now have your best player......your team is fkd now .....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Although, I'm hoping he doesn't play on past 2015 anyway.
Wait, what?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What's so hard to figure out ?

He's getting older and slower, I don't think he'll be able to play any other position, he'll want to be paid a lot and I think the more the club delays the inevitable over the big 3 the worse the team will be in the long run.

I see nothing wrong with Slater hanging up the boots after the 2015 season. Whether fans want to admit it or not, the big 3 aren't going to be around forever. We need to start looking towards the future.

This might shock you too. But I'm also fine with Smith changing clubs if the money is actually too good to turn down.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How about we actually see how Bill is playing at the time before he gets pensioned off in 2 years time? I have no issue whatsoever if his form doesn't warrant a new contract and i reckon he'll be the first one to admit that, but while he may have lost a step of pace that doesn't instantly mean he's a spent force and who's to say he can't find his niche in another position?

It's all well and good to say he cant but the bottom line is that none of us have NFI right now whether he can or not. All that said i couldn't give a toss what happens in 2 years time, i'll just enjoy watching the best FB ever to lace a boot playing for my club for as long as he's there.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well said