Finals week one

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To beat Souths you have to slow down there forwards at the ruck. Pretty obvious to me why they always get more penalties and its nothing to do with bias.

Its hard to make a case that we've been victims of ref bias after 8 years of sustained success.

Refs stuffed up big time with the tackle count, happens every now and again. If I was JT Id be more pissed that Stephen Hawking would have done a better job getting that ball down then Kane Linnett
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also Roy says he cant make a decision if he is unsighted, he can though if he consults his touch-judge.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:gus saying he had every right to tackle SISA.. gus is full of shit. I think I am watching a replay of 2006 GF but shame hayne has taken over from simplekins.
He is allowed to tackle him - but taking his legs out like that is not a tackle which is where the problem is.

I've never understood the rule where it's supposedly for safety to not be able to tackle a defender in the air, but it's completely fine to tackle an attacking player in the air. Surely it's either a safety issue or it's not
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thankfully Sisa (apparently) did not suffer any serious injury... It could have been absolutely tragic.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Itzbek the Purple wrote:Interesting quote in the Roy Masters piece in the fairfax Media "The last eight times Hayne has refereed Souths, the Rabbitohs won the penalty count seven times (59-38)."

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-league/ ... z2f0P4G7V5
Great article. No mention of the ridiculous decision to disallow Slater's try though
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The "NRL Amateur Hour" continues...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/north- ... 6720043135

Disgusting...
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Poor form by the NRL but Tate deserves it. He's a grade-A lima lima lima duck.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:Poor form by the NRL but Tate deserves it. He's a grade-A *lima lima lima duck*.
Sorry mate, but imo that's rubbish - no player deserves it. Heckle/Boo on the field all you like, but getting in blokes faces and giving it to them after the game is poor. I'd be disappointed if it was Storm fans doing it, and you know as well as I do that if it happened to any of our players we'd be blowing up deluxe because it's completely inappropriate.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

steaming stormer wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Poor form by the NRL but Tate deserves it. He's a grade-A *lima lima lima duck*.
d

Sorry mate, but imo that's rubbish - no player deserves it. Heckle/Boo on the field all you like, but getting in blokes faces and giving it to them after the game is poor. I'd be disappointed if it was Storm fans doing it, and you know as well as I do that if it happened to any of our players we'd be blowing up deluxe because it's completely inappropriate.
I agree wholeheartedly, but I'd have to think about it if it was Paul Gallen.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our players have had to put up with some vile abuse over the last few years.I witnessed this here in sadelaide the other year when the Storm`s coach pulled up at the ground.The rabid dog supporters were spewing filth at my CHAMPION TEAM. I even reminded them that whatever they said about my team they can apply to their own as the dogs were the original cap cheats.I told them they were worse off as they had anus as a captain.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:Our players have had to put up with some vile abuse over the last few years.I witnessed this here in sadelaide the other year when the Storm`s coach pulled up at the ground.The rabid dog supporters were spewing filth at my CHAMPION TEAM. I even reminded them that whatever they said about my team they can apply to their own as the dogs were the original cap cheats.I told them they were worse off as they had anus as a captain.
You'd be surprised at the number of Bullfilth "fans" who plead ignorance on 2002...
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Does anyone know if the finals shorts will go on sale? I mean with the Hostplus logos on them. They looked pretty nice to be honest, the regular season shorts looked too plain to be worth buying
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The NRL is amateur hour. And it needs to pick up its game real quick. This David Smith clown should be sent back to England before he lima lima lima duck it beyond repair.
Surely we have an Aussie or Kiwi who can lead our game? And I don't mean Todd Greenberg- he's just another shifty bastard who'll serve his own interests (and bulldogs) first.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have one last observation I have been meaning to post about week one of the finals. Richie Fa'aoso has been knocked out in the first week of the finals the last two seasons.