Finals week one

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:gus saying he had every right to tackle SISA.. gus is full of shit. I think I am watching a replay of 2006 GF but shame hayne has taken over from simplekins.
Said the same thing to my wife, the similarities were frightening. Listened to both games on the ABC and both times the commentators said the home team were favoured by the on / off field officialdom.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

we were the better team and still lost by 10. Go figure. Two robbed tries. Hope Sisa is okay.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am actually embarrassed for the game of Rugby League... That was a dead set joke.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will Chambers had no choice but to brace himself because a BLOCKER was going to take HIS legs out. Even in the air his eyes were on the ball until he had to contend with Goodwin.

Such a blatant biased call.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While the reffing was average we were also well below our best IMO. Their first 2 tries were off our mistakes and put us on the back foot for the rest of the game. While we were close enough a couple of tough calls went against us and with the momentum swing and obviously the points that would've came had they went our way, then I'm sure the result would've been different but it wasn't onto be.

We're just gonna have to do it the hard way now though if we make the GF come up against them they don't hold any fears for me regardless of tonight's result.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

don't think I have ever been so disgusted by a game of nrl before.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Did I hear right we have a home final next week?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Did I hear right we have a home final next week?
Yes. A small consolation as we still have to go up there for a prelim if we win next week as opposed to a home prelim had we won tonight.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We play winner of Bulldogs and Knights at home next week.

I hope Sisa is ok.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Refereeing cost us a chance of winning the game. Whether we weren't the better team or not doesn't matter. We win that game if the officiating was average at best.

I'm not even angry after the loss. I'm upset at how terribly unprofessional the sport I love is.
Last edited by blazza18 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nailed it blazza
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

While the reffing was average we were also well below our best IMO
That's an agree from me :evil:

I see the Sydney media has been ramping up the Souths / Easts GF

Can't see it honestly happening after tonight's showing but then I did use the word HONESTLY :twisted:

Hope Sisa has no serious injuries after what showed on replay after replay as a fairly calculated action.
Wonder if any of those players 'on report' will actually get 'no case to answer' from the judy ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Seems like the press conferences are aired on triple m if anyones interested (rabbits are halfway done) Girds and Gordy were ripping Bill Harrigan about the no try, its been entertaining.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:nailed it blazza
Yep, spot on.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm tweeted Sisa has feeling in his fingers off to hospital for precautionary tests