Rd 23: Knights V Storm - Hunter Stadium Sun 18th August

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, the NRL don't care cause they got their billion dollar deal.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

late mail

1 Billy Slater
2 Sisa Waqa
3 Will Chambers
21 Maurice Blair
4 Justin O'Neill
6 Brett Finch
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Bryan Norrie
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange
14 Jason Ryles
15 Tohu Harris
16 Jordan McLean
17 Kenneath Bromwich
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Best possible side I reckon. I prefer Bromwich off the bench than Moors or Vave.
Monsoon
Monsoon

One of the poorest halves we have played all year, how we are only down by 4 I will never know!! Big Jordan broke his duck, cam smith missed the conversion from basically under the posts, big Bellamy spray coming up no doubt!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam with his worst half of his career.
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:Cam with his worst half of his career.
I think he heard you, his opening 10 minutes of the 2nd half proberbly his best all year lol!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol:

Cam decided to takeover in the 2nd half. Still weren't good but we defended magnificently.

Brett Suttor needs to go back to the lower grades, terrible referee who shows no respect to the players.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good methodical second half from the team. With us committing ten penalties we did well to only concede the 10 points. The big three were far and away our best three today - I must say Slater is looking as fresh as I've seen him for some time, but I was also impressed by big Jordy. He's rapidly progressing into one fine young front-rower.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:on a 1 hour delay though, nrl are p...weak not forcing them to show it live!
Yep I am disapointed to say you are right.I have listened to the biased newcastle radio doing Storm game.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:on a 1 hour delay though, nrl are p...weak not forcing them to show it live!
Yep I am disapointed to say you are right.I have listened to the biased newcastle radio doing Storm game.
Couldn't have been any more bias than the crap commentary on channel Nein.
How could they even consider sin-binning Coops after the 2 infringements recently against O'Neil that weren't deemed bin-worthy?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm the victims of ball tampering for the second week in a row....
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

McLean today showed why we kept him over the last few seasons, he was HUGE today. He and Jesse B could form a great front row partnership together.

In games like this it is nice to have the Big 3. All class today and got us the win. Credit to the defence for hanging in there, but giving away 10 penalties a game can't happen too often please.

Eels next week. We can't go into that game expecting anything.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Big McLean was great today. Easily his best game and rewarded with a try.

Our forwards were completely dominated in the first half. We need to come out stronger than that, particularly against teams like Manly and Easts.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Waqa was good defensively except for one poor read, they threw a lot of traffic down his side.
Can someone PLEASE get channel nein to show the game instead of replaying over the top!!!!!!! It's already on delay, there is no excuse to miss 1 second of action, let alone 2-3 tackles because of a replay. Furthermore, I could not give a RAT'S A*** whether or not any of the commentators remember black boots with white laces ffs!!!
How are Newcastle allowed to tamper with the ball like that?
19-4 penalty count, what a joke!
Billy, Cam and Coops showed why they are the best combination in world sport once they started playing.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

LESStar58 wrote:Storm the victims of ball tampering for the second week in a row....
Don't hold ya breath waiting for THAT to get investigated :evil:
19-4 penalty count, what a joke!
Yet the 'neutral commentators' ::) had the nerve to 'suggest' the officals were "letting Melbourne get away with a lot" so the count didn't get higher.

PLEASE !! GIVE ME A F ING BREAK :evil:

Let's see how 'foaming at the mouth' the Sydney press get about this game tomorrow.
And of course their 'foregone conclusion' that it will be a Sydney team Grand Final ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields