STORM CONTRACTED PLAYERS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Last week I was texted a rumor that George Rose from Manly manager was talking to Storm. Anyone else heard this one?
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

no, manly have made him a offer and he wants to stay so he will resign.. we should have tim browne from dogs signed up soon, still in talks with joe picker as well but unless he drops his price i cant see him coming here either..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We targeting any experience props Matty ? Would seem the spot are vacant since Norrie and Ryles are both possibly moving on.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

not that i no of.. hopefully we can keep norrie but i doubt it..
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

well big george rose knocked back manlys offer, and we can scrap big george or tim browne joining us bellamy is not interested for some stupid reason.. vave n garbutt tipped to move on aswell as norrie n mcgahan cos of cap pressure.. FU&K ME WE CANT LOSE EVERYONE WTF IS GOING ON!!!

Matt lodge and pride petterson robati get ready cos were gunna need ya..
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Think kirisome is leaving too...he posted a pic on insta asking for housemates at his home...donno if that means in melb or back home in brissie
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

so who we gunna buy to replace all these players that r tipped to be leaving?? we must be bringing a few nyc players up
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Perhaps we will keep Dayne Weston, otherwise there might be some NSW and Qld Cup props being signed by the Storm.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So we gain Munster and Robinson and lose;

1. Ryles
2. Blair
3. Sa'u
4. Setu
5. Widdop

For sure and potentially;

6. Norrie
7. Garbutt
8. Vave
9. Finch
10. Weston
11. McGahan
12. Auva'a
13. Tonumapea

Surely we've got some decent cash lying around!!!? We only have 21 players contracted for next year and well short of min squad requirement.

Once again we will be in the market for props. I'd imagine at least one centre as well.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:So we gain Munster and Robinson and lose;

6. Norrie
7. Garbutt
8. Vave
9. Finch
10. Weston
11. McGahan
12. Auva'a
13. Tonumapea
weston looking to stay on.. i think out of that we will keep 9,10,12,13 but who knows.. would like to keep all them plus buy someone too.. PPR to play center??? we must be going to use harris as a prop aswell..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Surely we've got some decent cash lying around!!!? We only have 21 players contracted for next year and well short of min squad requirement.

Once again we will be in the market for props. I'd imagine at least one centre as well.
This is what I'm a little confused about and I fully support what Craig/Frank and the rest of our recruiters are doing but I'm a little surprised at how our roster is filling out atm. Keeping the young guys is fine but at some stage we've gotta be able to target some veterans who can help out too. Salary goes up again after this season.

I know we wont attract any big names but surely we have enough to get some quality guys in.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So based on some of the information floating around, this is what is happening with our current props:
Staying: J Bromwich, McLean and Moors
Possibly / definitely leaving: Ryles, Norrie, Setu, Vave, Garbutt and Weston.

That is a fair list of props to leave. Surely we will re-sign at least one or two of those players.

Your hero I think we will re-sign Young Tonumaipea because he has shown promise and is a VRL junior.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon Lodge, Petterson-Robati, Kennar, Welch and Umaga are chances to be upgraded to senior list next year
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:I reckon Lodge, Petterson-Robati, Kennar, Welch and Umaga are chances to be upgraded to senior list next year
Agree with all except for Umaga. And I would Keep Chang over Young.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

we need to keep 2 out of vave, garbutt, weston