Storm to Perth

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

a story in League Freak is saying that brad fittler says that Storm should be relocated to Perth.I think he should stop sharing andrew johns drugs.
why doesn`t he and a dud sydney team relocate to Perth.OR maybe even start up a new franchise in Perth from scratch.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:a story in League Freak is saying that brad fittler says that Storm should be relocated to Perth.I think he should stop sharing andrew johns drugs.
why doesn`t he and a dud sydney team relocate to Perth.OR maybe even start up a new franchise in Perth from scratch.

there would be no hope...in a year of sundays...in a decade of sundays...in a century of sundays....in a millennium of sundays that Melbourne Storm will be picked and moved to Perth.

Fittler was obviously typing that article with hand on the keyboard and the other hand grasping something else.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fittler was a great footballer. And nothing else.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here is a link to the article and some of the more relevant paragraphs.
http://www.sportsfan.com.au/fittler-go- ... fault.aspx

And, I also had a random thought that the Melbourne Storm has just been bought by a private company and I wonder if they might think about Perth. Especially if Melbourne's support wanes once Bellamy, Smith and co retire, as I reckon it must without the support of such a great coach, great players and such a great culture. The pressure is always on in a mad sporting town and the Storm has had a fair bit of time now to crack it.

If Craig Bellamy does retire (and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens sooner rather than later) he would go immediately to the top of Perth's most-wanted list. Next would be someone that's coached under him; Maguire is the obvious one as he's made of the same DNA.

If the challenge can motivate one of the great coaches to go there, the Western Storm will come to life in a healthy environment.

Western Storm versus Souths. I like the sound of that.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The phrase"random thought" seems to sum that article up well. Maybe he should just stick to being a retired player
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Fitler should leave the strategic planning to those that understand the concept. What the f*ck would be the point of moving a successful expansion team to another location!??

Yeah move the most successful team from the sporting capital of the country, a one team town, to go to an "unknown" with a brand that will probably not be embraced like a new team would. Whilst alienating the current supporter base... If you lose Melbourne as an NRL team, you have to take the "N" out of NRL. Or better yet, go back to NSWRL. Many morons would be ecstatic with that.

Dumb, just dumb. You can tell it's a "Fitler" idea.
Run Sika Run
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

They could always move one of the failing Sydney teams down here,to share AAMI park.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Run Sika Run wrote:They could always move one of the failing Sydney teams down here,to share AAMI park.
We already have a failing club sharing AAMI during the winter. No need for another one.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Turtle188 wrote:
Run Sika Run wrote:They could always move one of the failing Sydney teams down here,to share AAMI park.
We already have a failing club sharing AAMI during the winter. No need for another one.
Who's the other failing club?
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

mattstormy wrote:
Turtle188 wrote:
Who's the other failing club?
Melbourne Rabble
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Probably the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time - for many reasons. I don't want to give this more credit than it deserves (none) by outlining those reasons.

Bring in the Pirates so people can stop suggesting teams move to Perth.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

WTF !! So move Storm to Perth and Parra (for example) to Melbourne?
That's even dumber than Freddie's suggestion.

Maybe they should just move Freddy to Perth
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When Fittler wakes up from his trip to la-la land, somebody should suggest the adelaide roosters and perth panthers lol
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't know how any of you can a bloke who can't even speak English seriously. Fittler is an embarrassment.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Don't know how any of you can a bloke who can't even speak English seriously. Fittler is an embarrassment.
Whatha? but I do agree that fiddles is an EMBARRASSMENT.