2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great to see those guys resigned, particularly JO and Sisa. Would be happy to see Fifita sign if he is anything like his brother but I am starting to wonder what Garbutt has to do to earn a crack at first grade.Anyway, things are looking good:-)
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Having said that, I`d be happy to miss on Fifita and keep Vave too to be honest but I suppose we`ll see how things pan out
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seems like we went cold on Fifita. Cronulla have snapped him up.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the rumour on fifita had both us and the sharks chasing him, we might have just missed out because he wants to play with his brother
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sharks can have him...I'm not sure he will turn out like his brother...a few rumours floating round about him atm...storm have done their homework and by the look of it didn't like what they found out
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Wonderful news I am really happy with these re-signings. Nearly choked on my weet bix when I read the Rabbitohs were after Sisa
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great news! I was particularly worried about retaining Sisa.

Stoked.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

WHATTTTT the rabbitohs wanted Sisa...my god that's the first I heard that one....thank god he stayed here
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Sharks can have him...I'm not sure he will turn out like his brother...a few rumours floating round about him atm...storm have done their homework and by the look of it didn't like what they found out
Indeed. If we wanted him I'm sure we would have signed him by now.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

South want anybody who has any purple in their wardrobe. If somebody wants to wear some purple socks down the street, I'm pretty sure they'll wave a contract under your nose when you get back lol.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yet another one the Mole got wrong after saying we were in the 'box seat' to sign Fifita, the bloke is a hack. Great news on the other boys re-signing, while not surprising they did it's good to have it confirmed.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Happy to see the 2 wingers signed would have preferred 2 years for O'Neill tbh.
storm77
Squall
Squall

SISA....

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:Happy to see the 2 wingers signed would have preferred 2 years for O'Neill tbh.
Out of curiosity, why is that. O'Neill oozes potential and is already a fantastic winger knocking on the QLD Origin door.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Michael :P wrote:Happy to see the 2 wingers signed would have preferred 2 years for O'Neill tbh.
Out of curiosity, why is that. O'Neill oozes potential and is already a fantastic winger knocking on the QLD Origin door.
Mainly because he's been hot and cold since he made grade and hasnt gone to the level he looked capable of a couple of years ago. And unless there border-line superstars I wouldnt signed a winger for more then 2 years.

And yeah he made the origin squad, I didnt think he deserved to be anywhere near the team on form