Man of Steel Jersey

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Despite my earlier post this morning, I decided to buy one. It's like I made the decision to quit smoking and somehow an hour later found myself lighting up without thinking about it.
SergeantStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I like the jersey, looks really nice, am deciding whether to buy it or not (I gave up smoking bout 3 years ago and I'm tempted to light up again!!!!!!!!!!) Might pop into Rugby Fever and have a look at it.

P.S My first post here (been visiting this page for years and finally decided to become a member)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Like a lot of jerseys, you need to see it a few times before really making a call on it. I wasn't keen initially (guess I was just expecting something different) but it is growing on me.

And if anyone would approve of a Superman inspired jersey, it would be Jerry!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is better than the Batman one but I don't like the whole concept of a one off jersey. Also annoys me that the Crown logo isn't so obvious. Wish we could have made slight changes to the regular jerseys.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm so glad the Crown logo doesn't smother the Superman logo. If it did the jersey would look pretty embarrassing considering it is Superman they are promoting and if the S logo was hidden it would defeat the whole purpose of the jersey. Although I'm not a fan of Superman, I reckon this is the equal best along with the Close the Gap one last year (although after not liking the Close the Gap jersey at first, I now reckon it was very good as well apart from the Crown logo being slapped in the middle of the reaching hands logo, which was the most important aspect of that jersey).
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cammy makes the jersey look good. So yummy.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

After originally not liking the concept of promotional jerseys, they are starting to grow on me. I’m a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to jersey designs and colours (I get annoyed how we change our home/away jersey every three or so years and how we don't have a traditional design eg. Easts and Cronulla have pretty much identical jerseys to what they had 30-40 years ago apart from the collars of course) but I have to admit there have been some reasonable promo jerseys as well as a few duds. Here's a quick review of all the promotional jerseys the club has worn since 2011 (not including heritage jerseys, they are separate as we've worn those since 2008 and have been mostly the 1998 design apart from in 2009 when we wore our 2001-02 away design and in 2010 - while it was not the original design, it was based on the 2000 special jersey we wore for the WCC and the grand final rematch at the MCG against St. George Illawarra - I can't remember if we wore that jersey any other time in 2000):

2011 Battle Jersey vs Brisbane (4/10) - No point of a battle jersey, what purpose it serve?

2012 Battle Jersey vs Brisbane (2/10) - Similar to above, although this one looked worse than the original.

2012 Dark Knight Rises Film Promotion Jersey vs North Queensland (7/10) - The colours mixed in with the design looked tough, but the problem was the Crown logo hogged the jersey and the Bat logo was demoted to the bottom.

2012 Close the Gap Round Jersey vs Penrith (9/10) - Originally not liking it as it did away with our traditional predominant colours of navy and purple, recently I thought that it wasn’t so bad after all. The orange colour really stood out and the Reaching Hands logo looked good, but the only downside was the Crown logo being planted on the whole purpose of the jersey – the Reaching Hands logo.

2013 Women in League Round Jersey vs Manly (4/10) - I like jerseys with hooped designs, but since this was Women in League Round, where was the cerise/pink??? It looked like a really faint purple with white shades. Another thing, side panels do not suit hooped jerseys.

2013 Man of Steel Film Promotion Jersey vs Cronulla (9/10) - Even though I’m not a fan of Superman, this jersey really looks good. Crown logo has been reduced to make way for the promotional aspect in the Superman logo. Also, the white polka dot looking (don’t know what they really are) pattern looks cool).

Does anyone else think we will have another promotional jersey this year?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The print all over the body of the jersey is supposed to be the texture on Superman's suit in Man of Steel.

I'm not sure if there's an NRL rule when it comes to the number of different jerseys a club can wear during a season. I'd say, unless the club decides that they've done enough for the year, we'll probably see a "Battle" jersey and an Indigenous jersey. The Battle jersey is kind of a dumb idea but if they really want to do it, I'd prefer they do something based on the current jersey - put the purple camo on the bottom half of the jersey and use the silver colour for the lightning bolts.

I liked the idea of the Indigenous jersey but unfortunately the story told by the artwork was ruined by the Crown logo. It was supposed to represent the Yarra and I really liked the hands and lightning bolts logo. I'd like them to keep that idea for this year but reduce orange to a lesser colour and use more navy - four slightly different shades, similar to the four different shades of orange. Maybe move the hands and lightning bolts logo to the chest area underneath the Storm logo.

Next week we'll be wearing the heritage jersey - so three home games in a row with three different jersey designs.
Rina
Squall
Squall

I think there is a limit because west tigers were going to do a WIL jersey and it was pushed to next year - not sure how many they've had this year.

I don't think we'll see any more this year - we have the WCC jersey, WIL, Superman, Heritage and our regular Home + Away
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just wondering, how many jerseys do the Warriors have? It seems ridiculous that they have so many so I don't think there is a limit on how many clubs can have per year.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's not a jersey. It's a heavy, scratchy, claustrophobic t-shirt.

COLLARS 4 LYFE
Rina
Squall
Squall

mattstormy wrote:Just wondering, how many jerseys do the Warriors have? It seems ridiculous that they have so many so I don't think there is a limit on how many clubs can have per year.
From their website there's their home, away, WIL, Wellington and Heritage. The rest are training jerseys (fire looking thing) and 2 U20's ones.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:Just wondering, how many jerseys do the Warriors have? It seems ridiculous that they have so many so I don't think there is a limit on how many clubs can have per year.
More jerseys than wins!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:
More jerseys than wins!
They spend too much time promoting their jerseys instead of focusing on winning football games.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:Warner bros. Would be paying Storm at least six figures for a one off you would think? It's money in the bank and anything that helps the club turn a profit is not a bad thing...
I agree. I'd much rather the club do things like this to help increase revenue than sell off their home games like some other clubs do. While i don't mind having one off jerseys i wouldn't miss them at all if we didn't have them. I really like the Superman design and i'll probably buy one as i did the Batman one, not to wear though only as a souvenir type thing that will more than likely get framed one day and go in the pool room.