Round 6 - Rabbitohs v Storm Sat 13th April. ANZ 7.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Early thoughts. Proud of the boys efforts tonight. Brilliant in defence once again. Sisa makes out right edge so strong.

I thought a couple of silly errors and penalties let Souths right back into the game but other than that I thought we handled them very well.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just Awesome!!!! What a win!!!

GO STORM!!!!!!!!!!!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

A great effort by the boys against the big Bunny pack. Even more credible being down to 16 with Vave injured early on. I liked the form of Gaz tonight and hope that some of his critics took note that he is definitely worth persisting with at 5/8.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I loved the desperation in defence, especially at the end of the first half. That dive from Fonua where he batted the ball dead almost out of the Souths' winger's hands, those last ditch tackles from Slater and Widdop, THAT is why we're number 1!!!!!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh, and just for Fonua:

'We love you 'cos you're a Victorian!'
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote:Oh, and just for Fonua:

'We love you 'cos you're a Victorian!'
Bill Lawry would be especially proud of Mahe.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This right here is why I watch rugby league. What a corker of a match!

This time last year I wanted rid of Sisa Waqa... how wrong was I!?!?!?

He was top shelf tonight. Absolutely champagne positional play. Made a few good reads and came off his wing to shut down the Souffs attack. Nailed Reynolds twice... in the same set of six (I think) And to take the ball in goal and pass to Slater in one motion. Not many wingers have the confidence to attempt that. When he first came in to grade at Melbourne he wouldn't have been able to pull that off. Now he just does it without thinking and it comes off.

And how long do Souffs have George Burgess for? Massive human. Lad has got skills! He'd look good in purple! HE'd make a good replacement for that log Ryles. The hate component of my love-hate relationship with Big Jason continued tonight. Send him off to NSW Cup next weekend to get that bullshit out of his game and get him to relearn the necesarry skill of holding on to a ball and not passing off the ground!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought fonua was good but 17 dream team points with a try what a joke.. tohu marked big George really well our forwards did awesome against 1 of the biggest packs..
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

The juggernaut that is this football team rolls on. We never really looked like losing that one. Gareth Widdop silenced many of his critics tonight, awesome performance from the Englishman. Unbeaten in 2013. The Black Caviar of the NRL.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:
And how long do Souffs have George Burgess for? Massive human. Lad has got skills! He'd look good in purple!
He sure would look good in purple. Surely Souths can't retain and find starting positions for the entire Burgess family??
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

They will. It was a family deal done by Russell Crowe. Sam only signed on the agreement when the others brothers had finished school they had a place. They deal also included bring mum out here to live. Wonder if it is included in the salary cap?
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

glennb wrote:They will. It was a family deal done by Russell Crowe. Sam only signed on the agreement when the others brothers had finished school they had a place. They deal also included bring mum out here to live. Wonder if it is included in the salary cap?
yep n u will find that 3rd party deals cant be linked to the club n that's y u will find crow is sellin his share of the club.. he will be sponsoring players to keep them at souths n to attract more players
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:They will. It was a family deal done by Russell Crowe. Sam only signed on the agreement when the others brothers had finished school they had a place. They deal also included bring mum out here to live. Wonder if it is included in the salary cap?
Rusty only bought the mum out cos he wants to bed her.

Go, Rusty, go!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go, Rusty, go!
So... we're adding angry (Crowe) to massive (Burgess) and putting it in green...

He's trying to create the Hulk?
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

LESStar58 wrote:

Go, Rusty, go!
I don't blame him.. shes not bad looking lol