Round 5 Storm v Wests Tigers Mon 8 April at AAMI at 7pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mattstormy wrote:
Storm101 wrote:Lucky your not in charge mattstormy or there would be nobody left in the team if you want get rid of them when there injured.when he's 100% he's the best winger at the club
The thing is is that he was a consistent player before he got all those injury problems. It is a completely different game for wingers these days, sure they need to score tries and catch high balls, but their defence has to be on the same level as that. Watch last years' try of the year for Ben Barba and watch his attempted tackle on Barba in the in goal area. If you're not fully fit and are just acting as a passenger in the squad, unfortunately your time as a first grader is limited. As others have mentioned, Duffie is not our number one winger anymore. Before Waqa proved himself as a consistent first grade winger towards the end of last season he might have been, but he is a shadow of that and it showed last round against the Broncos.
I correct my self on the try of the year last year. Josh Morris actually scored it, whereas Ben Barba set that try up on his own.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CONFIRMATION KENNY BROMWICH IS PLAYING TONIGHT

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS BOY RUN OUT
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great news. Thanks Sally.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

looking forward to seeing Kenny go around!! hopefully he is as good as his big bro
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm a Duffman fan, so a bit disappointed he has lost his spot.
No doubt we will see the high flying Kiwi back

In the meantime, good to see the hard man, Sisa back!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

great news Sally. Good luck Kenny..Go hard for the team. :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav:
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great to see SISA back.....S.W.A.S will be cheering for you. =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Awesome to hear Kenny Bromwich is set to make his debut tonight, he thoroughly deserves his opportunity and hopefully he can produce a good performance. Kenny and Jesse Bromwich are the new bash brothers.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:I agree Sisa is our best at the moment due to Duf's poor form. But when he's healthy he is our most naturally gifted winger and IMO our top winger.
To be honest guys, our best winger is gonna come back into the side at centre...

On a very positive note, I'm rapt to have Waqa back and big Kenny B FINALLY gets his time. Been a long time coming, I hope he grabs it with both hands like Tohu and Slade did. Any word on who he is in for? I've only just left work and haven't seen a final line up.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:To be honest guys, our best winger is gonna come back into the side at centre...

On a very positive note, I'm rapt to have Waqa back and big Kenny B FINALLY gets his time. Been a long time coming, I hope he grabs it with both hands like Tohu and Slade did. Any word on who he is in for? I've only just left work and haven't seen a final line up.
Yea I'd pick Juzzy over everyone too.

Looks like Kenny is in for Moors.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

God I've missed Sisa Waqa... Freaking legend and a MASSIVE game. MOTM for me.

It was an ugly win, but I'll take it!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good grind out in the end, welcome back Sisa
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa Waqa is a very good winger :D

Tough game. Tigers gave it to us for a fair amount of time. Glad the boys stayed patient and let the game come to them. Defence was back to normal.

Captain Cam with a clutch kick to tie it 12-12. Who knows what would of happened if he missed that.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

How good is Sisa Waqa!! and what a fantastic crowd for a Monday night.

Well done the Club for the "mates night" promotion.... Other clubs should take note.

We need to lift our game for next sat.

In Craig we trust
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow what a game. Waqa surprised me, slotted straight back in scored a good try.
Kenny Bromwich I never saw much of in NYC but he looked great in his limited time and was awesome seeing a pair of Brothers out there. Don't know if we've had that before??