Round 4 - Brisbane vs Melbourne Fri 29/03 7:05pm at Suncorp

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hoffman's 29, younger than all of the Big Three, so I'd like to think he still has a good three or four seasons left in him.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm all for the youth movement :)

Hoffy will still kick on for a few more seasons. But it'll be hard to keep Tohu and Kev out of the starting side.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Not sure if you know but Proctor played for the Sharks in the NSW Cup competition on the weekend.
Ahh I didn't, thanks. Haven't had any time to keep up with any NSW Cup/Under 20's this year.

It presents a selection headache but it really is a first world problem when you are struggling to leave someone out rather than someone slotting back in without question. Tohu is a great looking prospect, hope we can hang onto him for some time now that he has exploded onto the scene.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just noticed something interesting whilst adjusting my league ladder.

So far Storm's wins have been against 15th, 13th & 12th. This week we play 11th. Most likely Manly will beat Wests, who'll drop to 9th or less.
All this means we won't play a top 8 team untill Round 6 V Rabbitohs in Sydney.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cows and Dogs are both top 8 if not top 4 teams though.

Win is a win atm.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah but that's not a true reflection of where those teams really sit in the pack. Dogs and NQ will be top 8, probably top 4 come end of the year.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Cows and Dogs are both top 8 if not top 4 teams though.

Win is a win atm.
Beat me to it.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree. But I found it quite unbeleivable where these teams are positioned when I realized.
Dogs & Cows will def be there in September. Broncs will possibly have their shiz together by then too
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

can`t really see broncs finishing in top 8 this season and if they do it will only be to make up the numbers.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i reckon slade could stay regardless, he's doing that hinchy role off the bench since hinchy's been starting and i reckon bellamy likes the versatility that provides
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:i reckon slade could stay regardless, he's doing that hinchy role off the bench since hinchy's been starting and i reckon bellamy likes the versatility that provides
Hinchy is signed until the end of 2016, after which he will probably retire as he will be in his early 30s then. Since Hinchy will be playing lock for the rest of his career now since Lowrie has moved on. How I see it is that Slade will most likely spend the next four seasons like Hinchy did from '09-'12 as a utility bench player before he takes his place at lock in presumably 2017 (that's if Hinchy retires of course).
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hard to say.

8. Bromwich
10. Norrie
11. Harris/Proctor
12. Hoffman
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Ryles
15. Vave
16. Proctor/Harris
17. Griffin/Moors/Setu (Injuries not withstanding, 2 of these 3 will miss out IMO. Who knows, Bellamy may mix things up game to game pending what he is after/what the game plan is.)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

don't forget finch and k.bromwich who are apparently knocking on the door
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

official team:

1.slater
2.duffie
3.chambers
4.sa'u
5.fonua
6.widdop
7.cronk
8.j.bromwich
9.smith (c)
10.norrie
11.harris
12.hoffman
13.hinchcliffe
14.ryles
15.setu
16.griffin
17.moors
18.vave
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

proctor playin nsw cup.. i would say its to get his fitness up.. then hopefully come back into the 2nd row n move harris to centre untill o'neill comes back.. that means drop sa'u back to nsw cup.. i think having harris in the centres would help us on the defence side of things..